cannot acces IE after 6.0 upgrade-shell32.dll error

After upgrading IE 4.0 to 6.0 on an NT 4.0 Server SP6 machine, IE will not
load. Found info on MS that said to run regsvr32 urlmon.dll, msjava.dll,
actsprxy.dll, oleaut32.dll, mshtml.dll, browseui.dll & shell32.dll. All were
successful until shell32.dll, when I got this msg: "Shell32.dll was loaded
but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. DLLRegisterServer may
not be exported or a corrupt version of shell32.dll may be in memory.
Consider using PView to detect or remove it."
I have no idea what PView is or how to correct this problem. Can anyone
help? Thank you in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot acces upgrade shell32 error

    Got the same error msg when trying to run regsvr32.dll rasctrs.dll (remote
    access). I also cannot start the remote access services Remote Access
    Autodial Manager, Remote Access Connection Manager or Remote Access Server.
    Any help will be much, much appreciated. Thank you.

    "kate" wrote:

    > After upgrading IE 4.0 to 6.0 on an NT 4.0 Server SP6 machine, IE will not
    > load. Found info on MS that said to run regsvr32 urlmon.dll, msjava.dll,
    > actsprxy.dll, oleaut32.dll, mshtml.dll, browseui.dll & shell32.dll. All were
    > successful until shell32.dll, when I got this msg: "Shell32.dll was loaded
    > but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. DLLRegisterServer may
    > not be exported or a corrupt version of shell32.dll may be in memory.
    > Consider using PView to detect or remove it."
    > I have no idea what PView is or how to correct this problem. Can anyone
    > help? Thank you in advance.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    In case anyone else has this problem, I'll post again w/ what I did to "fix"
    this. I had to reinstall the latest Win 4.0 SP (6a). From the info I found
    (and, in my case, I also found it to be true), any time you install a program
    or a windows component that requires you to go back to the original
    installation CD, you must then reinstall your most recent Service Pack. I
    wasted alot of hours before I found this solution, but once I did, all my
    problems with internet connectivity were solved and I was also able to
    resolve video driver problems. Hope this helps someone else.

    "kate" wrote:

    > After upgrading IE 4.0 to 6.0 on an NT 4.0 Server SP6 machine, IE will not
    > load. Found info on MS that said to run regsvr32 urlmon.dll, msjava.dll,
    > actsprxy.dll, oleaut32.dll, mshtml.dll, browseui.dll & shell32.dll. All were
    > successful until shell32.dll, when I got this msg: "Shell32.dll was loaded
    > but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. DLLRegisterServer may
    > not be exported or a corrupt version of shell32.dll may be in memory.
    > Consider using PView to detect or remove it."
    > I have no idea what PView is or how to correct this problem. Can anyone
    > help? Thank you in advance.

Internet Explorer DLL Windows