Payload and Fuel Question

A hearty thanks in advance for any help that could be offered. I've
downloaded a number of add-on aircraft, and for the most part, they all seem
to work quite well. However, I occasionally experience a problem whereby
FS9 shuts down and goes back to the desktop after I modify the payload on a
some aircraft aircraft. Can anyone advise if this is an aircraft cfg. file
problem, or something else.

Any advice of a possible work around?

Again, thanks in advance for any responses.

Reggie

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Hi Melissa:

It occurs with a/c from Kitty Hawk Productions and a few of the SGA MD
models. One common thread I've noticed is that all of the a/c have multiple
stations where one can adjust the payload. I can't figure it out for the
life of me.

Thanks for you response.

Reggie

GREGORY

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:52:05 -0800, "The Real Cali Kid"
<Nope@nottoday.naw> brought the following to our attention:

>"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi Reggie,
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:03:45 -0800, you wrote:
>>
>>> I've downloaded a number of add-on aircraft, and for the most part,
>>> they all seem to work quite well.
>>
>> Perhaps if you mention the specific problematic aircraft, someone will
>> be able to help with some specific ideas?
>>
>> I have several add-on aircraft (mostly payware, but several freeware
>> aircraft as well), and I've never come across this problem, so I'd be
>> at a loss to try and suggest anything at this point.
>>
>> Melissa
>>

>Hi Melissa:
>
>It occurs with a/c from Kitty Hawk Productions and a few of the SGA MD
>models. One common thread I've noticed is that all of the a/c have multiple
>stations where one can adjust the payload. I can't figure it out for the
>life of me.
>
>Thanks for you response.
>
>Reggie

Look in the: "Aircraft Container SDK" for station loads!!

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs2004_downloads_sdk.asp

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:52:05 -0800, "The Real Cali Kid"
> <Nope@nottoday.naw> brought the following to our attention:
>

>>"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hi Reggie,

>>> Perhaps if you mention the specific problematic aircraft, someone will
>>> be able to help with some specific ideas?
>>>
>>> I have several add-on aircraft (mostly payware, but several freeware
>>> aircraft as well), and I've never come across this problem, so I'd be
>>> at a loss to try and suggest anything at this point.
>>>
>>> Melissa
>>>

>>Hi Melissa:
>>
>>It occurs with a/c from Kitty Hawk Productions and a few of the SGA MD
>>models. One common thread I've noticed is that all of the a/c have
>>multiple
>>stations where one can adjust the payload. I can't figure it out for the
>>life of me.
>>
>>Thanks for you response.
>>
>>Reggie
>>

> Look in the: "Aircraft Container SDK" for station loads!!
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs2004_downloads_sdk.asp

Hi Gregory:

I didn't find anything in the A/C SDK that was of any benefit. The a/c
already have load stations with specified weights. The problem I'm having
is the crash to desktop whenever I enter a value for any of the weight
stations.

Thanks for your efforts, though.

Reggie

JM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:03:45 -0800, "The Real Cali Kid"
<Nope@nottoday.naw> wrote:

>FS9 shuts down and goes back to the desktop after I modify the payload on a
>some aircraft aircraft. Can anyone advise if this is an aircraft cfg. file
>problem, or something else.<<<<

I noticed the same problem (crash to desktop) attempting to change
any Kittyhawk 737 payload-station. I think FS9 has a maximum limit as
to the number of payload stations; The Kittyhawk-737 has 60.

Payload stations are listed in the aircraft.cfg file, under :
max_number_of_stations=

You could try changing the max_number_of_stations= to '10', and
delete the last 50 stations, but the AC may not be balanced correctly.