Screen capture

keith

How can I easily do a screen capture on a PC running XP
Pro? Certainly there must be an easy keyboard shortcut.
It's so easy on a Mac! Thanks.

Denny

Use Help to see the commands.

In news:5dee01c48158$f168d120$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Keith <khyman@mmc.edu> typed:

> How can I easily do a screen capture on a PC running XP
> Pro? Certainly there must be an easy keyboard shortcut.
> It's so easy on a Mac! Thanks.

Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the
screen. But in all versions of Windows, this works differently,
and the name of the key is now an anachronism.

To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire
screen, or press alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active
window. Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard.
Once it's in the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any
application that supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics
programs, even your favorite word processor). You can edit or add
to the image as you wish, then print it.

This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing
it is an improvement over the original DOS method of just
printing it. But if you'd like that old facility back, there are
several third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this,
such as PrintKey2000
(http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).

Please reply to the newsgroup

Press the Print Screen Key and paste it into a program like Irfanview which
is free.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Joe

"Keith" <khyman@mmc.edu> wrote in message
> How can I easily do a screen capture on a PC running XP
> Pro? Certainly there must be an easy keyboard shortcut.
> It's so easy on a Mac! Thanks.

Alt+PrintScreen copies the current window to the clipboard. You can paste it
to any paint program.

"Keith" <khyman@mmc.edu> wrote in message
> How can I easily do a screen capture on a PC running XP
> Pro? Certainly there must be an easy keyboard shortcut.
> It's so easy on a Mac! Thanks.

Greetings --

Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display to the
clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to
the clipboard (iow, into RAM). To view the screen capture, open a
graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press <CTRL>+V. This will
paste the contents of the clipboard (your screenshot) into the open
file, and allow you to view it or save it as a file for later use.

How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?PR=1&scid=kb;en-us;Q173884

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"Keith" <khyman@mmc.edu> wrote in message
> How can I easily do a screen capture on a PC running XP
> Pro? Certainly there must be an easy keyboard shortcut.
> It's so easy on a Mac! Thanks.

Hello:hello:

damn it's so easy :D Just use Screen VidShot tool and that's all :na:
Good program with simple interface :D However i'd like this soft

good luck ;)