HP printing trouble

I am a bit stumped as to how to print A2 sideways on an A1 roll (thus
saving paper)and get it to cut off at the right length. Our printer is
a Designjet 130NR and we are using the roll feed with 24 inch wide
paper. We have landscape drawings that we want to print A2 across the
page and not waste the paper but despite many attempts at custom page
sizes and rotating 90 degrees it has so far proved an elusive goal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MC

mark

"MarkC" <mcroft63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am a bit stumped as to how to print A2 sideways on an A1 roll (thus
> saving paper)and get it to cut off at the right length. Our printer is
> a Designjet 130NR and we are using the roll feed with 24 inch wide
> paper. We have landscape drawings that we want to print A2 across the
> page and not waste the paper but despite many attempts at custom page
> sizes and rotating 90 degrees it has so far proved an elusive goal.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> MC

I had a similar problem with my 1055. I had to switch to the Postscript
driver. I'm not sure if the 130NR is postscript or not......

Mark

glyn

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I am having exactly the same problem printing from Microstation. I am
able to get prints at A2 landscape without the waste by selecting the
autorotate option. However, these are not printing to the correct
scale, I have to reduce them slightly even more just to fit!

If you find any solution then that would be great, I will keep looking
into it and post if I find anything out.

Glyn

"Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message news:<10mvubo6u5fosb0@corp.supernews.com>...
> "MarkC" <mcroft63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am a bit stumped as to how to print A2 sideways on an A1 roll (thus
> > saving paper)and get it to cut off at the right length. Our printer is
> > a Designjet 130NR and we are using the roll feed with 24 inch wide
> > paper. We have landscape drawings that we want to print A2 across the
> > page and not waste the paper but despite many attempts at custom page
> > sizes and rotating 90 degrees it has so far proved an elusive goal.
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > MC
>
> I had a similar problem with my 1055. I had to switch to the Postscript
> driver. I'm not sure if the 130NR is postscript or not......
>
> Mark

glyn

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Mark,

We have had some success here.

Basically we added acustom paper size that was slightly larger than
A2. Then selected Autorotate in prefs then the 24inch paper roll. This
allowed us to print A2 landscape at the correct scale and rotation so
there is no paper waste.

Good Luck