HP printing trouble

I am a bit stumped as to how to print A2 sideways on an A1 roll (thus
saving paper)and get it to cut off at the right length. Our printer is
a Designjet 130NR and we are using the roll feed with 24 inch wide
paper. We have landscape drawings that we want to print A2 across the
page and not waste the paper but despite many attempts at custom page
sizes and rotating 90 degrees it has so far proved an elusive goal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MC
3 answers Last reply
More about printing trouble

    "MarkC" <mcroft63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am a bit stumped as to how to print A2 sideways on an A1 roll (thus
    > saving paper)and get it to cut off at the right length. Our printer is
    > a Designjet 130NR and we are using the roll feed with 24 inch wide
    > paper. We have landscape drawings that we want to print A2 across the
    > page and not waste the paper but despite many attempts at custom page
    > sizes and rotating 90 degrees it has so far proved an elusive goal.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > MC

    I had a similar problem with my 1055. I had to switch to the Postscript
    driver. I'm not sure if the 130NR is postscript or not......

    Mark

    I am having exactly the same problem printing from Microstation. I am
    able to get prints at A2 landscape without the waste by selecting the
    autorotate option. However, these are not printing to the correct
    scale, I have to reduce them slightly even more just to fit!

    If you find any solution then that would be great, I will keep looking
    into it and post if I find anything out.

    Glyn

    "Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message news:<10mvubo6u5fosb0@corp.supernews.com>...
    > "MarkC" <mcroft63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I am a bit stumped as to how to print A2 sideways on an A1 roll (thus
    > > saving paper)and get it to cut off at the right length. Our printer is
    > > a Designjet 130NR and we are using the roll feed with 24 inch wide
    > > paper. We have landscape drawings that we want to print A2 across the
    > > page and not waste the paper but despite many attempts at custom page
    > > sizes and rotating 90 degrees it has so far proved an elusive goal.
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > > MC
    >
    > I had a similar problem with my 1055. I had to switch to the Postscript
    > driver. I'm not sure if the 130NR is postscript or not......
    >
    > Mark

    Mark,

    We have had some success here.

    Basically we added acustom paper size that was slightly larger than
    A2. Then selected Autorotate in prefs then the 24inch paper roll. This
    allowed us to print A2 landscape at the correct scale and rotation so
    there is no paper waste.

    Good Luck

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals