barfly

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2004
in my opinion this looks like the most promising real time strategy game in a while. I played a demo at the Games Convention in Germany earlier this year and really liked it, especially where the graphics are concerned. But i couldn't find a playable demo on the net, yet:-/. There are some nice videos around tho http://media.pc.ign.com/media/729/729470/vids_1.html ... anybody know where i can find a demo?

barfly

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2004
Just have a look at this screenshot.

HeroCleopatra2Egypt.jpg

And if amazon's got the release date right, then it's coming quite soon actually. Feb 24th to be exact :)

matchmaster

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2005
here's a snipper from a preview at gamespot for rise&fall

Rise & Fall looks to have a pretty impressive graphics engine running things under the hood, with a whole lot of units running around onscreen at once. The various destructible objects crumbled in a realistic manner, giving a cinematic flair to the siege scenes, and the close-up hero-action sequences looked to do a good job of putting the player in the middle of a large-scale battle, like the ones you see in most RTS games.

barfly

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2004
yah, but to be honest, I'm more looking forward to the "hero mode", where you can play as Alexander the Great or other heroes from ancient times

I really wanna see how well they handle the switch from normal strategy mode to hero mode