DLLRegisterServer in wshom.ocx failed; Return code was: 0x..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 16, 2005 11:19:02 AM

I have been having problems with IE 6.0 displaying pages correctly. I have
Windows NT. When I downloaded IE 6.0, an error occured when installing the
wshom.ocs file. After reading the discussion group, I tried to register the
wshom.ocs and got the error code, 0x80040201. The error seem to be related
to Outlook, so I ran the Outlook Inbox Repair tools and no problems were
reported. I use Outlook Web Access for my email, but when I use IE 6.0 as
my browser, I can receive email but I can't send email. (This has been
verified, the email never gets delivered) In the interim, I have been using
Mozilla's Firefox as my browser to get to my email, but it does not display
all the features that Outlook Web Access has if I were to use IE6 as my
browser. It has been difficult to troubleshoot this, as the original error
is "the page provided potentially unsafe data to an Active X control and the
page may not display correctly." As I've tried to troubleshoot it I ended up
with the wshom.ocx error. If anyone can provide some insight and a solution,
I would very much appreciate it!
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 12:08:18 PM

Try asking them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Cheryl Marks" wrote:
|I have been having problems with IE 6.0 displaying pages correctly. I have
| Windows NT. When I downloaded IE 6.0, an error occured when installing
the
| wshom.ocs file. After reading the discussion group, I tried to register
the
| wshom.ocs and got the error code, 0x80040201. The error seem to be
related
| to Outlook, so I ran the Outlook Inbox Repair tools and no problems were
| reported. I use Outlook Web Access for my email, but when I use IE 6.0
as
| my browser, I can receive email but I can't send email. (This has been
| verified, the email never gets delivered) In the interim, I have been
using
| Mozilla's Firefox as my browser to get to my email, but it does not
display
| all the features that Outlook Web Access has if I were to use IE6 as my
| browser. It has been difficult to troubleshoot this, as the original
error
| is "the page provided potentially unsafe data to an Active X control and
the
| page may not display correctly." As I've tried to troubleshoot it I ended
up
| with the wshom.ocx error. If anyone can provide some insight and a
solution,
| I would very much appreciate it!
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:40:03 PM

Thank you, Dave!

Cheryl

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Try asking them here.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Cheryl Marks" wrote:
> |I have been having problems with IE 6.0 displaying pages correctly. I have
> | Windows NT. When I downloaded IE 6.0, an error occured when installing
> the
> | wshom.ocs file. After reading the discussion group, I tried to register
> the
> | wshom.ocs and got the error code, 0x80040201. The error seem to be
> related
> | to Outlook, so I ran the Outlook Inbox Repair tools and no problems were
> | reported. I use Outlook Web Access for my email, but when I use IE 6.0
> as
> | my browser, I can receive email but I can't send email. (This has been
> | verified, the email never gets delivered) In the interim, I have been
> using
> | Mozilla's Firefox as my browser to get to my email, but it does not
> display
> | all the features that Outlook Web Access has if I were to use IE6 as my
> | browser. It has been difficult to troubleshoot this, as the original
> error
> | is "the page provided potentially unsafe data to an Active X control and
> the
> | page may not display correctly." As I've tried to troubleshoot it I ended
> up
> | with the wshom.ocx error. If anyone can provide some insight and a
> solution,
> | I would very much appreciate it!

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:52:21 PM