DLLRegisterServer in wshom.ocx failed; Return code was: 0x..

I have been having problems with IE 6.0 displaying pages correctly. I have
Windows NT. When I downloaded IE 6.0, an error occured when installing the
wshom.ocs file. After reading the discussion group, I tried to register the
wshom.ocs and got the error code, 0x80040201. The error seem to be related
to Outlook, so I ran the Outlook Inbox Repair tools and no problems were
reported. I use Outlook Web Access for my email, but when I use IE 6.0 as
my browser, I can receive email but I can't send email. (This has been
verified, the email never gets delivered) In the interim, I have been using
Mozilla's Firefox as my browser to get to my email, but it does not display
all the features that Outlook Web Access has if I were to use IE6 as my
browser. It has been difficult to troubleshoot this, as the original error
is "the page provided potentially unsafe data to an Active X control and the
page may not display correctly." As I've tried to troubleshoot it I ended up
with the wshom.ocx error. If anyone can provide some insight and a solution,
I would very much appreciate it!
3 answers Last reply
More about dllregisterserver wshom failed return code

    Try asking them here.

    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup&cat=en_US_bf5f0fcf-f5b1-47ee-9b88-40800d50bf71&lang=en&cr=US

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Cheryl Marks" wrote:
    |I have been having problems with IE 6.0 displaying pages correctly. I have
    | Windows NT. When I downloaded IE 6.0, an error occured when installing
    the
    | wshom.ocs file. After reading the discussion group, I tried to register
    the
    | wshom.ocs and got the error code, 0x80040201. The error seem to be
    related
    | to Outlook, so I ran the Outlook Inbox Repair tools and no problems were
    | reported. I use Outlook Web Access for my email, but when I use IE 6.0
    as
    | my browser, I can receive email but I can't send email. (This has been
    | verified, the email never gets delivered) In the interim, I have been
    using
    | Mozilla's Firefox as my browser to get to my email, but it does not
    display
    | all the features that Outlook Web Access has if I were to use IE6 as my
    | browser. It has been difficult to troubleshoot this, as the original
    error
    | is "the page provided potentially unsafe data to an Active X control and
    the
    | page may not display correctly." As I've tried to troubleshoot it I ended
    up
    | with the wshom.ocx error. If anyone can provide some insight and a
    solution,
    | I would very much appreciate it!
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Thank you, Dave!

    Cheryl

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Try asking them here.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup&cat=en_US_bf5f0fcf-f5b1-47ee-9b88-40800d50bf71&lang=en&cr=US
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Cheryl Marks" wrote:
    > |I have been having problems with IE 6.0 displaying pages correctly. I have
    > | Windows NT. When I downloaded IE 6.0, an error occured when installing
    > the
    > | wshom.ocs file. After reading the discussion group, I tried to register
    > the
    > | wshom.ocs and got the error code, 0x80040201. The error seem to be
    > related
    > | to Outlook, so I ran the Outlook Inbox Repair tools and no problems were
    > | reported. I use Outlook Web Access for my email, but when I use IE 6.0
    > as
    > | my browser, I can receive email but I can't send email. (This has been
    > | verified, the email never gets delivered) In the interim, I have been
    > using
    > | Mozilla's Firefox as my browser to get to my email, but it does not
    > display
    > | all the features that Outlook Web Access has if I were to use IE6 as my
    > | browser. It has been difficult to troubleshoot this, as the original
    > error
    > | is "the page provided potentially unsafe data to an Active X control and
    > the
    > | page may not display correctly." As I've tried to troubleshoot it I ended
    > up
    > | with the wshom.ocx error. If anyone can provide some insight and a
    > solution,
    > | I would very much appreciate it!

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    You're welcome.

    --
    Regards,
    Dave