duplicate name problem

I have a Windows NT member server, I have removed it from our domain and
added a new server to our domain with the same name. The problem is that I am
getting a duplicate name exists. I currently have a windows 2000 server
acting as a dc and a pdc emulator. I have removed the name from DNS and from
COMPUTERS in AD. I have also verified that it was not in WINs. I have run
nbtstat –r on the DC. I am only using one Wins server. The member server
still says there is a duplicate name.

Is there any thing else I can do to resolve the duplicate name problem ?

Are both machines still on the network? Even though it is not a member of
the domain is still conflicting if they are both on.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+