How to manually disconnect from wireless in Windows?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 29, 2005 11:01:09 AM

Hi, I have a couple of Linksys wireless adapter which connects to our
wireless network fine. However, these computers are also in our wired LAN.
Is there a way the users, when connected wirelessly, chose to disconnect when
they are ready to move to the wired LAN?
Note that the Linksys software to connect to the wireless AP is not working
and thus Linksys techsupport suggest using the Wireless Zero Configuration to
connect to our network instead. TIA.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 29, 2005 8:20:09 PM

In XP SP2 you can manually disconnect from the wireless network. This
change would not be automatic upon the detection of a wired connection. So
if your end users don't mind the extra manual steps:

RIGHT-CLICK on the system tray icon for the wireless adapter
select "view available networks"
from the list of available networks, LEFT-CLICK the SSID you are connected
select the "Disconnect" button from the lower right-hand corner of the UI

I hope that helps.

--
Jerry Peterson
Windows Network Services - Wireless