regsvr32 mschrt20.ocx

I am trying to register mschrt20.ocx on a Windows NT workstation. The ocx
file is located in the WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder. When I go to a command line
and enter "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mschrt20.ocx", I get the the error
"LoadLibrary(“mschrt20.ocx�) failed. GetLastError returns 0x000003e6."

This ocx file has registered successfully on other workstations. My search
for an answer to see what the error means has returned little information.

Any advice?

Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about regsvr32 mschrt20

    LoadLibrary can fail if the DLL is not in the specified path, or if the
    specified path is incorrect. LoadLibrary can also fail if one of the
    dependencies of the DLL that you are trying to load is not met; in other
    words, if a dependent DLL is not present or is not in the specified path.

    1.) If the dll has dependencies or is dependent on others, then it's
    important to replace with the same version.
    2.) If the dll exports the DLLRegisterServer, DllUnregisterServer functions
    then it's best to unregister

    regsvr32.exe /u "PathToDLL"
    then after replacement
    regsvr32.exe "PathToDLL"

    INFO: How Regsvr32.exe Registers and Unregisters COM DLLs

    Explanation of Regsvr32 Usage and Error Messages

    You can run depends.exe against the DLL to check dependencies

    You'll find depends.exe within
    http://www.dependencywalker.com/

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "j-bird" wrote:
    |I am trying to register mschrt20.ocx on a Windows NT workstation. The ocx
    | file is located in the WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder. When I go to a command line
    | and enter "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mschrt20.ocx", I get the the error
    | "LoadLibrary("mschrt20.ocx") failed. GetLastError returns 0x000003e6."
    |
    | This ocx file has registered successfully on other workstations. My
    search
    | for an answer to see what the error means has returned little information.
    |
    | Any advice?
    |
    | Thank you.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    j-bird wrote:
    > I am trying to register mschrt20.ocx on a Windows NT workstation. The ocx
    > file is located in the WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder. When I go to a command line
    > and enter "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mschrt20.ocx", I get the the error
    > "LoadLibrary("mschrt20.ocx�) failed. GetLastError returns 0x000003e6."
    >
    > This ocx file has registered successfully on other workstations. My search
    > for an answer to see what the error means has returned little information.
    >
    > Any advice?
    >
    > Thank you.

    INFO: Error Codes in Windows NT Part 1 of 2 (article I)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q155011

    0x3e6 = 998, so this is ERROR_NOACCESS "Invalid access to memory location".

    Bruce

Workstations System32 Microsoft Windows