INTERNET CONNECTION SHARING WITH WINDOWSXP AND NT

I have set up a network between a computer using Windows XP and Windows NT. I
have enabled Internet Connection Sharing on the host XP computer but can not
connect to the internet via the host NT computer. I may have to set up the NT
computer as a client but do not know how to do this. Can anyone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about internet connection sharing windowsxp

    Dave,
    Im no expert though I have just connected XP_Home, 2 x 98s and
    an NT as a home peer to peer network with XP as the host sharing the
    internet. I configured the 98s and the NT independently using static IP
    addresses. Then I connected the whole lot to the XP (which) was already
    connected to the internet, through an 8 port switch. While using the the
    network manager to automatically configure the XP for the network, XP offered
    the creation of a network disk. This network configuration disk is used to
    install the new network protocols onto each machine on the network. It
    worked treat, hope it helps.

    Cheers Kev.

    "David McIlveen" wrote:

    > I have set up a network between a computer using Windows XP and Windows NT. I
    > have enabled Internet Connection Sharing on the host XP computer but can not
    > connect to the internet via the host NT computer. I may have to set up the NT
    > computer as a client but do not know how to do this. Can anyone help?

Computers Internet Connection Windows XP Windows