6800 Ultra Freezing Problems

ReDRuM717

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Hi i have ownd a BFG 6800 for about a year now and i have suddenly been getting some problems. I was wondering if anyone might shed some light on any of them.

First when I play CS for DOD soruce, the screen starts getting randomly colored blotches and pixelated. Eventually it will turn the whole screen into random colors with lines and then proceed to crash the game.

In world of warcraft i sometimes get pixelation..but its very light. Also, dunno if this has to do with the graphics card, but whenever i leave my computer on idle and come back to play wow, the mouse will disappear visually but still be able to be used within the game and within the OS as well.

Not sure but it seems like the card has gone bad.

Thanks for any info.

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
if you have an extra gpu laying around, or maybe that you could borrow, even a really old one... you could try switching them, just to test if it makes a difference. i had a similar problem with a TI4200 awhile back, was getting graphical corruption in games, and even the windows desktop when i wasnt doing anything, until it would just freeze, and i would have to reboot... it does sound like the card 'might' be going bad though. if it does turn out that the card is expiring, you could do an RMA with BFG.

ReDRuM717

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Yes, the colors are standard RGB colors. I have just contacted BFG and made a RMA, but i still want to test the card. I am going to attempt to switch the card with any other old AGP card and see if i get similair problems.