NT to 2000 File Permissions

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 17, 2005 7:44:01 AM

Hi guys!

I have an old NT server. I wil soon be migrating all the files and folders
over to a new Windows 2000 server. Is there any way I can migrate the
folders cross without losing the files and folders permissions.

Naturally losing these would be a massive headache and it would be good if
there was someway to retain these.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Andy

More about : 2000 file permissions

Anonymous
May 17, 2005 8:17:15 PM

Try SecureCopy http://www.scriptlogic.com/eng/products/securecopy/main...

--
Thanks for your Time.
Remove the kNOT to reply.
"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D EA546C7-07CA-439C-81C6-42218ABF591D@microsoft.com...
> Hi guys!
>
> I have an old NT server. I wil soon be migrating all the files and
folders
> over to a new Windows 2000 server. Is there any way I can migrate the
> folders cross without losing the files and folders permissions.
>
> Naturally losing these would be a massive headache and it would be good if
> there was someway to retain these.
>
> Thanks in advance for any info,
>
> Andy
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 10:29:39 PM

Andy wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I have an old NT server. I wil soon be migrating all the files and folders
> over to a new Windows 2000 server. Is there any way I can migrate the
> folders cross without losing the files and folders permissions.
>
> Naturally losing these would be a massive headache and it would be good if
> there was someway to retain these.
>
> Thanks in advance for any info,

You've ignored W2K (for that server at least) for 5 years and now
that W2K is coming to the end of MicroSoft's "Product Support"
lifecycle you are going to make the switch ?

At this late date it makes no sense to migrate to W2K. Why not
skip W2K and switch to W2K3 ?
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 7:15:32 AM

Total Commander also supports this, highly recommended !

!