Interest check: VIA PR22-R engineering sample

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadGuy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
So I entered the contest recently held by VIA to win a complete system, and the second prize was a <b><A HREF="http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=31" target="_new">VIA P4X266 PR22-R motherboard</A></b>. Since I didn't actually win the system (which would have been in my price range :lol: ), I would rather trade this for a motherboard that I can slap a Palomino and some PC2100 memory into.

I believe this is one of the first motherboards VIA is actually producing by themselves, and is likely the same board sent out to reviewers <b>*cough* Tom *cough*</b> :lol: . I think it's in a mockup box, as there's no contents list on the outside, or even a company logo as of yet. It was shipped here (Salt Lake) from Taiwan day before yesterday, and the invoice says: "This shipment is engineering sample for testing"

At the moment, I haven't even opened it yet - but I'll open it and list the contents if someone's serious about it.

Here's VIA Arena's blurb:
High performance, feature rich VIA Apollo P4X266 chipset based ATX motherboard for the 478-pin Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor combining high bandwidth DDR266 SDRAM support with onboard RAID and Audio support.

<b>Processor</b>
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor (478-pin)
400MHz Front Side Bus
<b>Chipset</b>
VIA Apollo P4X266 North Bridge
VT8233 South Bridge
</b>System Memory</b>
3 DDR266 DIMM sockets
Up to 3GB memory size
<b>Expansion Slots</b>
1 AGP4X slot (supports 1.5V and 3.3V AGP 1X/2X/4X cards)
6 PCI slots
1 CNR slot
<b>Onboard Audio</b>
Integrated AC'97 controller
<b>I/O</b>
2 USB ports (plus 2 connectors for up to 4 additional USB connections)
2 serial ports
1 PS2 mouse port
1 PS2 keyboard port
1 IrDA
1 game/MIDI port
1 parallel port
3 audio jacks: line-out, line-in and mic-in
<b>BIOS</b>
Award BIOS V6.0
2Mbit flash memory
<b>System Monitoring & Management</b>
CPU/system temperature monitoring
CPU voltage monitoring
CPU/chassis fan speed monitoring
Wake-on-Modem, Keyboard/Mouse-Power-on, USB-Wake-up-Function
<b>Onboard IDE</b>
ATA 100/66/33
Up to 4 IDE connections
IDE RAID 0, 1 support provided by onboard Promise FastTrak 100-Lite controller

There is no greater evil than a monkey with a pickaxe.

DeadGuy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
Let me be a little more specific on what I'd <i>like</i> to trade for - if I trade it for another motherboard, I'd obviously be building a system out of it. I'd want to spend as little as possible, so motherboards with integrated components such as sound, video, network, etc... are the kind I'd be more tempted to trade for. I'll be happy to trade stright across for most of these, since I personally have little use for a motherboard that will cost me more in the processor department. Most of these fall into the $130-150 range, which is just my guess as to what this board will premier at - a spankin' new P4 motherboard that isn't even out yet is bound to be worth at least $130, right?

Below are motherboards I'll accept. I'll also take clean, slightly used versions of these boards, if you care to throw in an extra (or not). Note that all but one are <i>KT266<b>A</b></i> boards:
* Soyo SY-K7V (Dragon Plus!) (note it's position at the <b>top</b> if the wish list - hint, hint :) )
* MSI K7N420 Pro (this is an nForce chipset board with a network jack and integrated video)
* EPoX 8KHA+ (using one and happy with it)

I'll also take:
* Athlon XP 1700+
* Athlon XP 1500+ w/ 256 MB PC2100 ram
* Duron 1gHz with motherboard + heatsink

I'll even take a pair of used Duron 600s with motherboards and fans, should you happen to have some laying around.

There is no greater evil than a monkey with a pickaxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS