FS2004 Freezes

Greetings to all,

I have been running FS2004 without any problems until recently. After
starting FS2004, it will freeze. I have to reboot my computer in order
to restart FS2004.

I have tried earlier drivers for my video card and that didn't work. I
have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FS2004 and that didn't work
either.

My system is a P4 1.8GZ. 768MB of Rambus memory. GEForce Ti 4400
Graphics card with latest drivers. Windows XP Pro with SP2.

As far as I can recall, I have made no changes to my system
configuration or any hardware changes. But apparently, something has
happened in order to freeze the program.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

TIA
Bill

Do you have automatic updates for Win XP enabled? If so it could be that one
of the updates is causing the problem. You can remove them in "add/remove
programmes" if you know which one has caused it. Likely to be the last one
installed. I suggest this because I had a similar problem and that was the
cause. HTH. :0))

Iain

"William J Davis" <bdrph@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Greetings to all,
>
> I have been running FS2004 without any problems until recently. After
> starting FS2004, it will freeze. I have to reboot my computer in order
> to restart FS2004.
>
> I have tried earlier drivers for my video card and that didn't work. I
> have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FS2004 and that didn't work
> either.
>
> My system is a P4 1.8GZ. 768MB of Rambus memory. GEForce Ti 4400
> Graphics card with latest drivers. Windows XP Pro with SP2.
>
> As far as I can recall, I have made no changes to my system
> configuration or any hardware changes. But apparently, something has
> happened in order to freeze the program.
>
> Any help would greatly be appreciated!
>
> TIA
> Bill

Start with a full virus scan. Then run Ad-Aware and Spybot.
Are you overheating?

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"William J Davis" <bdrph@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1c9b4be1974c848d989685@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
> Greetings to all,
>
> I have been running FS2004 without any problems until recently. After
> starting FS2004, it will freeze. I have to reboot my computer in order
> to restart FS2004.
>
> I have tried earlier drivers for my video card and that didn't work. I
> have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FS2004 and that didn't work
> either.
>
> My system is a P4 1.8GZ. 768MB of Rambus memory. GEForce Ti 4400
> Graphics card with latest drivers. Windows XP Pro with SP2.
>
> As far as I can recall, I have made no changes to my system
> configuration or any hardware changes. But apparently, something has
> happened in order to freeze the program.
>
> Any help would greatly be appreciated!
>
> TIA
> Bill

TR

Carl Frisk wrote:
> Start with a full virus scan. Then run Ad-Aware and Spybot.
> Are you overheating?
>

> "William J Davis" <bdrph@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Greetings to all,
>>
>> I have been running FS2004 without any problems until recently.
>> After starting FS2004, it will freeze. I have to reboot my computer
>> in order to restart FS2004.
>>
>> I have tried earlier drivers for my video card and that didn't work.
>> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FS2004 and that didn't
>> work either.
>>
>> My system is a P4 1.8GZ. 768MB of Rambus memory. GEForce Ti 4400
>> Graphics card with latest drivers. Windows XP Pro with SP2.
>>
>> As far as I can recall, I have made no changes to my system
>> configuration or any hardware changes. But apparently, something has
>> happened in order to freeze the program.
>>
>> Any help would greatly be appreciated!
>>
>> TIA
>> Bill

Suggest also you go to www.hijackthis.de . Download the program
"Highjackthis". Run it and then submit the the saved logfile to the
'highjackthis.de' website for analysis. You can also do a search for
'highjackthis' forums on the net and submit your logfile at one of these for
analysis. There's a lot of smart people out there who will help you sort out
the good from the bad. Things that spybot/adaware/virus scanners etc can't
pick up.
Once you know the bad things from the good you can go back to 'Highjackthis'
to get rid of them.
I've done all this and it has me me immensely.

TR

TR

I've done all this and it has [insert: helped] helped [delete one: me] me
immensely. Geez...I must be getting old and crotchety.

> Suggest also you go to www.hijackthis.de . Download the program
> "Highjackthis". Run it and then submit the the saved logfile to the
> 'highjackthis.de' website for analysis. You can also do a search for
> 'highjackthis' forums on the net and submit your logfile at one of
> these for analysis. There's a lot of smart people out there who will
> help you sort out the good from the bad. Things that
> spybot/adaware/virus scanners etc can't pick up.
> Once you know the bad things from the good you can go back to
> 'Highjackthis' to get rid of them.
> I've done all this and it has me me immensely.
>
> TR

I don't have automatic updates enabled. Thanks!

In article <d0t8oc$54a$1@titan.btinternet.com>,
iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com says...
> Do you have automatic updates for Win XP enabled? If so it could be that one
> of the updates is causing the problem. You can remove them in "add/remove
> programmes" if you know which one has caused it. Likely to be the last one
> installed. I suggest this because I had a similar problem and that was the
> cause. HTH. :0))
>
> Iain
>
> "William J Davis" <bdrph@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Greetings to all,
> >
> > I have been running FS2004 without any problems until recently. After
> > starting FS2004, it will freeze. I have to reboot my computer in order
> > to restart FS2004.
> >
> > I have tried earlier drivers for my video card and that didn't work. I
> > have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FS2004 and that didn't work
> > either.
> >
> > My system is a P4 1.8GZ. 768MB of Rambus memory. GEForce Ti 4400
> > Graphics card with latest drivers. Windows XP Pro with SP2.
> >
> > As far as I can recall, I have made no changes to my system
> > configuration or any hardware changes. But apparently, something has
> > happened in order to freeze the program.
> >
> > Any help would greatly be appreciated!
> >
> > TIA
> > Bill

Run Antivirus daily as well as antispyware. I have a case fan and
monitor my temps using motherboard monitor. All are within norms.
FS2004 is the only program which is freezing. None others are.

Thanks!

In article <UlqYd.1074$uw6.184@trnddc06>, c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net
says...
> Start with a full virus scan. Then run Ad-Aware and Spybot.
> Are you overheating?

jean

Try to boot with the CD instead of the "nocd patch"

jean

"William J Davis" <bdrph@bellsouth.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
MPG.1c9b4be1974c848d989685@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
> Greetings to all,
>
> I have been running FS2004 without any problems until recently. After
> starting FS2004, it will freeze. I have to reboot my computer in order
> to restart FS2004.
>
> I have tried earlier drivers for my video card and that didn't work. I
> have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FS2004 and that didn't work
> either.
>
> My system is a P4 1.8GZ. 768MB of Rambus memory. GEForce Ti 4400
> Graphics card with latest drivers. Windows XP Pro with SP2.
>
> As far as I can recall, I have made no changes to my system
> configuration or any hardware changes. But apparently, something has
> happened in order to freeze the program.
>
> Any help would greatly be appreciated!
>
> TIA
> Bill

dear
sir/madam

I had that problem also, but no avoid problems to run
your game nice and smooth you need at least a graphic card
of 1gb and 4gb of ram. so your specifications that you have in
your pc is very low and bad. please just follow these steps and
you can restart installing fs9 again.

thanks

regards james malta