Wireless Connection Icon

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 29, 2005 9:00:04 PM

In setting up a local area network containing a PC running 98 and a laptop
running XP, I tried to set up a wireless network from the laptop. There is a
connection there but it obviously only connects to the router and not to the
old desk top, which should be the server on my LAN. I would like to remove
the wireless network I set up and start again but I cant delete the
connection. Is there a way to do this?
--
Ancient Computer User
August 30, 2005 2:43:37 AM

Hi
Both computers should be connected to the Router.
Should look like this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Stevie B" <StevieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In setting up a local area network containing a PC running 98 and a laptop
> running XP, I tried to set up a wireless network from the laptop. There is
> connection there but it obviously only connects to the router and not to
the
> old desk top, which should be the server on my LAN. I would like to remove
> the wireless network I set up and start again but I cant delete the
> connection. Is there a way to do this?
> --
> Ancient Computer User
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 1, 2005 8:43:03 PM

Thanks Jack. My network is set up like the diagram and works perfectly if I
wire my laptop to the router. The problem has arisen because when I initially
attempted to configure the laptop for wireless reception, I used the set up a
wireless network wizard on the laptop which seems to have created a network
between the router and itself and wants to connect to it when I look for
wireless networks in the area. It doesn't pick up the broadband internet
connection from the router. I dont think I should have used that wizard and
would therefore like to remove the wireless network icon and startagain
without using restore previous settings.
--
Ancient Computer User

!