Wireless Connection Icon

In setting up a local area network containing a PC running 98 and a laptop
running XP, I tried to set up a wireless network from the laptop. There is a
connection there but it obviously only connects to the router and not to the
old desk top, which should be the server on my LAN. I would like to remove
the wireless network I set up and start again but I cant delete the
connection. Is there a way to do this?
--
Ancient Computer User
2 answers Last reply

    Hi
    Both computers should be connected to the Router.
    Should look like this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Stevie B" <StevieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In setting up a local area network containing a PC running 98 and a laptop
    > running XP, I tried to set up a wireless network from the laptop. There is
    > connection there but it obviously only connects to the router and not to
    the
    > old desk top, which should be the server on my LAN. I would like to remove
    > the wireless network I set up and start again but I cant delete the
    > connection. Is there a way to do this?
    > --
    > Ancient Computer User

    Thanks Jack. My network is set up like the diagram and works perfectly if I
    wire my laptop to the router. The problem has arisen because when I initially
    attempted to configure the laptop for wireless reception, I used the set up a
    wireless network wizard on the laptop which seems to have created a network
    between the router and itself and wants to connect to it when I look for
    wireless networks in the area. It doesn't pick up the broadband internet
    connection from the router. I dont think I should have used that wizard and
    would therefore like to remove the wireless network icon and startagain
    without using restore previous settings.
    --
    Ancient Computer User

    "Jack" wrote:

    > Hi
    > Both computers should be connected to the Router.
    > Should look like this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    > May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "Stevie B" <StevieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > In setting up a local area network containing a PC running 98 and a laptop
    > > running XP, I tried to set up a wireless network from the laptop. There is
    > > connection there but it obviously only connects to the router and not to
    > the
    > > old desk top, which should be the server on my LAN. I would like to remove
    > > the wireless network I set up and start again but I cant delete the
    > > connection. Is there a way to do this?
    > > --
    > > Ancient Computer User

Wireless Connection Wireless Network Wireless Networking