MicroATX motherboard in an ATX case?

sturm

Splendid
Yes it will work just fine. Is there a reason why your going with a mATX board instead of a normal ATX?
I see the board you picked has onboard video. I am assuming your not going to be playing games with this computer because onboard video wont work well.

Admiral_Cecil

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
Most ATX cases support micro atx mobos with no problems. Full towers are kind of waste, better going with a slightly smaller/ but roomy like an acrylic case, sonata, super lanboy, etc.

donnagual

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
Yes it will work just fine. Is there a reason why your going with a mATX board instead of a normal ATX?
I see the board you picked has onboard video. I am assuming your not going to be playing games with this computer because onboard video wont work well.

Correct, no gaming. But it has an empty PCIe slot in case a stronger video card becomes necessary.

The ONLY reason I am looking at microATX is because it seems to be the only way to get a socket 939 with BOTH integrated graphics AND an empty PCIe slot for future upgrade options.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ALL ATX cases support Micro ATX, Flex ATX, and even Mini-ITX motherboards. These standards are simply shorter versions of ATX, which leave wasted space in the bottom of the taller case.