Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

JetsGo Going, Going, Gone!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 11, 2005 10:40:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

For those of you who fly in Canada, you won't see the big, green happy face
on JetsGo MD80's anymore. This morning, the 'cut-rate' airline went belly
up, stranding thousands of March-break passengers, people trying to get back
home, and put 3,000 staff out of work. This includes pilots-in-training who
put a $30,000 bond on their courses and who may never see that money again.
I was suspicious of the airline when I heard a radio ad for them last week,
offering a fare of ONE DOLLAR from Toronto to Vancouver. I thought the price
was somewhat cheap and would guess that some of the people who took
advantage of the offer will be looking for a residence on the west coast.

Funny the stories we hear about the airline now. The chairman of the board
is the same guy who was in charge of Canada 3000 which went tits-up some
time ago. Gotta wonder about stuff like that. Also heard from some
passengers who related stories that their JetsGo flight was so low on fuel
when it reached its destination, it had to be towed to the gate. Another
person said their plane was requested to do a go-around and couldn't due to
the low fuel level. The government even restricted JetsGo's altitude levels
due to poor flight manuals (I'm not too clear on what that means, but it
doesn't sound good).

I'm going to miss the airline, although I never used it. I really did like
the livery on those MD80's with the smiley faces. : )

Arthur
http://community.webshots.com/user/talkster2
(Click this link to view my portfolio of photographs)

I was not looking for my dreams to interpret my life, but for my life to
interpret my dreams.

More about : jetsgo going

March 12, 2005 8:09:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

That explains why the AI were stuck on the taxiway :-)

Bill


"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:fuWdnfCaB8oVp6_fRVn-hw@rogers.com...
>
> For those of you who fly in Canada, you won't see the big, green happy
> face on JetsGo MD80's anymore. This morning, the 'cut-rate' airline went
> belly up, stranding thousands of March-break passengers, people trying to
> get back home, and put 3,000 staff out of work. This includes
> pilots-in-training who put a $30,000 bond on their courses and who may
> never see that money again. I was suspicious of the airline when I heard a
> radio ad for them last week, offering a fare of ONE DOLLAR from Toronto to
> Vancouver. I thought the price was somewhat cheap and would guess that
> some of the people who took advantage of the offer will be looking for a
> residence on the west coast.
>
> Funny the stories we hear about the airline now. The chairman of the
> board is the same guy who was in charge of Canada 3000 which went tits-up
> some time ago. Gotta wonder about stuff like that. Also heard from some
> passengers who related stories that their JetsGo flight was so low on fuel
> when it reached its destination, it had to be towed to the gate. Another
> person said their plane was requested to do a go-around and couldn't due
> to the low fuel level. The government even restricted JetsGo's altitude
> levels due to poor flight manuals (I'm not too clear on what that means,
> but it doesn't sound good).
>
> I'm going to miss the airline, although I never used it. I really did
> like the livery on those MD80's with the smiley faces. : )
>
> Arthur
> http://community.webshots.com/user/talkster2
> (Click this link to view my portfolio of photographs)
>
> I was not looking for my dreams to interpret my life, but for my life to
> interpret my dreams.
>
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:11:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:fuWdnfCaB8oVp6_fRVn-hw@rogers.com...
> I'm going to miss the airline, although I never used it. I really did
> like the livery on those MD80's with the smiley faces. : )
>
> Arthur
> http://community.webshots.com/user/talkster2
> (Click this link to view my portfolio of photographs)

I couldn't find the pictures of the smiley face livery. Which photo album
is it in?
Related resources
March 12, 2005 12:24:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

This is the only picture I have of a JetsGo MD-11 taken at Pearson Int'l
Airport (YYZ). Thre smiley face is on the vertical stabilizer. (let me know
if this link doesn't work)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/149901893/293061605...

Arthur

"Matt B." <sawdust100@charter.net> wrote in message
news:7UBYd.3147$7I4.2130@fe03.lga...

>
> "Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:fuWdnfCaB8oVp6_fRVn-hw@rogers.com...
>> I'm going to miss the airline, although I never used it. I really did
>> like the livery on those MD80's with the smiley faces. : )
>>
>> Arthur
>> http://community.webshots.com/user/talkster2
>> (Click this link to view my portfolio of photographs)
>
> I couldn't find the pictures of the smiley face livery. Which photo album
> is it in?
>
March 12, 2005 12:45:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:24:38 -0500, "Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>This is the only picture I have of a JetsGo MD-11 taken at Pearson Int'l
>Airport (YYZ). Thre smiley face is on the vertical stabilizer. (let me know
>if this link doesn't work)
>
>
>Arthur
>

Yep.. the link works ok.. it says `gone backrupt'.. that's sickening.
Seems that more ex-airline guys will be simming from here on...

How about all this media about United pensions!!! what a mess.

Did you guys see this? -- and check out the date on it..

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Airline_labor.jpg (155k)


not so smiley.. hugh


-Gregory

>"Matt B." <sawdust100@charter.net> wrote in message
>
>>
>> "Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm going to miss the airline, although I never used it. I really
>>> did like the livery on those MD80's with the smiley faces. : )
>>>
>>> Arthur
>>> http://community.webshots.com/user/talkster2
>>> (Click this link to view my portfolio of photographs)
>>
>> I couldn't find the pictures of the smiley face livery.
>> Which photo album is it in?
>>
>
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 3:01:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:WZudnfk0SZACZq_fRVn-tA@rogers.com...
> This is the only picture I have of a JetsGo MD-11 taken at Pearson Int'l
> Airport (YYZ). Thre smiley face is on the vertical stabilizer. (let me
> know if this link doesn't work)
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/149901893/293061605...

Cool, thanks. Hadn't heard of that airline before (not that it matters
now); maybe it was domestic only.
!