GIGABYTE GA-8IPE1000G.. Man help with this please.

bahky

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I had this motherboard for about 3 months it was running FLAWLESS very nice untill yesterday. I tried to add more RAM it woulden't boot. So i put the ram back in the last configuration i had it in. Next thing you know i have a "continuous ringing of beeps" not in ANY specific order so i could not troubleshoot. The computer woulden't even turn on my only conclusion is that the motherboard is dead, if anyone else has any suggestions please help thanks.

mullen1200

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2005
Wow thats really really strange. The only thing I could thing to do is make sure everything is seated 100 percent in. some video cards make sounds if they arent in all the way... Like I said I doubt it... but my mobo failsafed off every time I tried to turn it on because a screw was too tight...Yeah.. lol... well the AGP port turned out to be dead anyways, but thats another story. Good luck. read a few posts hopefully and RMA it I spose.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Try with a single stick of RAM, the CPU and video. No hard drives or CD/DVD/burners or anytyhing else.

If it posts, start adding things in until it doesn't.

If it doesn't post, do a CMOS reset. (or pull the CMOS battery for 10min or so)

How's your power supply? (what brand and model?)

Mike.

bahky

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Try with a single stick of RAM, the CPU and video. No hard drives or CD/DVD/burners or anytyhing else.

If it posts, start adding things in until it doesn't.

If it doesn't post, do a CMOS reset. (or pull the CMOS battery for 10min or so)

How's your power supply? (what brand and model?)

Mike.

Tried everything still get the ringing beeps.. except for testing my power supply which i should have done! :cry: anyway its a cooler master 380 watt power supply and i've only had it for about 2 months not sure why all of a sudden that would shit the bed but its possible too.. any other suggestions? should i just RMA the motherboard?

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Where are the ringing beeps coming from - your speakers - The PSU - Somewhere on the mobo?

Get some canned air and carefully blow out the RAM sockets. Since it happened when you added RAM, maybe a piece of dust got in there and caused a short or something.

Do any of the fans spin when you power it on? Even start to spin (kindof a jerk)?

Might be mobo, might be PSU - depends on where the noise is coming from I think.

Mike.

TRENDING THREADS