Bear0340

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
I built my own computer and everything was working fine. I got a 6200TC from a friend to use until i get a better one and have been using onboard graphics to run everything. I want to install the 6200 but i cant seem to figure out how to get it working. Ive uninstalled the drivers for the onboard graphics and the setup is for a Pci-e vc but whenever i put it in my motherboard nothing comes up on screen. Ive messed around with it trying different things but nothin will every come up. I dont think the VC is messed up cause my friend had been using it so maybe my pci-e slot is messed up. Now i have a bigger problem though. I tried changeing the VC selection in the like bios setup place from PQD/IDC(something like, my mobos book says that its for pci-e cards) to PCI. That didnt work so i kept it there and turned disabled internal graphics. So now i cant even get anything when i plug my monitor into my mobo. Does anyone know what i have to do to get it working with the onboard graphics again and make a suggestion of what i should do with my VC? Thanks

mpjesse

Splendid
Does anyone know what i have to do to get it working with the onboard graphics again

There should be a jumper on your motherboard that allows you to clear the BIOS. Check your mobo manual for "clear bios, cmos, nvram"

That will reset all the BIOS settings and allow you to boot again.

As for the graphics card... i'm not sure what the issue could be. Give it back to your friend and see if it works in his system. It's more likely the card flaked out than the PCI-e slot.

-mpjesse

Bear0340

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
thanks for the info ill try that and for the vc i was reading that you have to update the BIOS in order to install an nvidia card so hopefully that will work.

TRENDING THREADS