Wifi connection lost

Hi,

On my desktop I have XP home SP2 and I have encountered the same issue with
at least 3 wireless card:
although I know I have 3 networks available the card will pick only 1 or 2
signals of each network alternatively. eg: I start connected to my own
network, it works fine for a couple of minutes then signal weaken and
disapear... I then pick an other network signal and same thing happens.
I know the signals are stable because my latop works perfectly OK. But the
PCIA card that is working well in my laptop will giove the same above issue
in my desktop.
Of course wired with a LAN cable no issue it works fine so it seems to be a
software issue...

Any idea?
1 answer Last reply
More about wifi connection lost

    I'm having a very similar problem. I have tried three WLAN cards and they
    will connect via RF but will not connect to any websites or network
    resources. I get no responses when I ping any other IP address through the
    WLAN. My wired card works fine. I was wondering if any adware or viruses
    could cause this.

    "clem" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On my desktop I have XP home SP2 and I have encountered the same issue with
    > at least 3 wireless card:
    > although I know I have 3 networks available the card will pick only 1 or 2
    > signals of each network alternatively. eg: I start connected to my own
    > network, it works fine for a couple of minutes then signal weaken and
    > disapear... I then pick an other network signal and same thing happens.
    > I know the signals are stable because my latop works perfectly OK. But the
    > PCIA card that is working well in my laptop will giove the same above issue
    > in my desktop.
    > Of course wired with a LAN cable no issue it works fine so it seems to be a
    > software issue...
    >
    > Any idea?

Wireless Connection Wireless Networking