Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 30, 2005 12:24:39 AM

Hi,

On my desktop I have XP home SP2 and I have encountered the same issue with
at least 3 wireless card:
although I know I have 3 networks available the card will pick only 1 or 2
signals of each network alternatively. eg: I start connected to my own
network, it works fine for a couple of minutes then signal weaken and
disapear... I then pick an other network signal and same thing happens.
I know the signals are stable because my latop works perfectly OK. But the
PCIA card that is working well in my laptop will giove the same above issue
in my desktop.
Of course wired with a LAN cable no issue it works fine so it seems to be a
software issue...

Any idea?

More about : wifi connection lost

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 31, 2005 9:59:06 AM

I'm having a very similar problem. I have tried three WLAN cards and they
will connect via RF but will not connect to any websites or network
resources. I get no responses when I ping any other IP address through the
WLAN. My wired card works fine. I was wondering if any adware or viruses
could cause this.