Canon i850 replacement?

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I have a i850 that impresses me and others.
Others I know wish to purchase one. Bought it almost 2 years ago, and
it is no longer available. What would be the Canon "replacement" for
this model?
thanks
jerry
12 answers Last reply
More about canon i850 replacement
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:54:13 -0500, Jerry Ranch <ranchjp@mchsi.com>
    wrote:

    >I have a i850 that impresses me and others.
    >Others I know wish to purchase one. Bought it almost 2 years ago, and
    >it is no longer available. What would be the Canon "replacement" for
    >this model?
    >thanks
    >jerry

    The i860, I'd imagine.

    http://www.canon.ca/english/index-products.asp?lng=en&prodid=652&sgid=20&gid=2&ovr=1


    ---------------------------------------------

    MCheu
  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Thanks
  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    MCheu wrote:

    > The i860, I'd imagine.

    Canon iP4000 is the newest model using this set of cartridges.

    --
    http://www.allegro.pl/show_user_auctions.php?uid=10223
    http://www.swistak.pl/user_info_aukcje.html?id=35682
    Pozdrawiam, £ukasz Ledóchowski
    GG: 503647 lukled@tlen.pl
  4. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    The Canon Pixma ip3000 is an exact successor to the i850, offering duplexing
    and extra paper cassette in addition to the i850 features.

    We own both models, of course, and the Pixma ip3000
    is an excellent printer.

    --
    WeInk.com Technical Support
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Toll Free Support: 1-888-825-0759
    Toll Free Orders: 1-800-559-3465
    http://www.weink.com/
    Subscribe to our newsletter and
    get up to 20% off your order.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Jerry Ranch" <ranchjp@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    news:2tg2n0pbpqj3mejr18jcop59c8ksr6a9g7@4ax.com...
    >I have a i850 that impresses me and others.
    > Others I know wish to purchase one. Bought it almost 2 years ago, and
    > it is no longer available. What would be the Canon "replacement" for
    > this model?
    > thanks
    > jerry
  5. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Jerry Ranch wrote:
    > I have a i850 that impresses me and others.
    > Others I know wish to purchase one. Bought it almost 2 years ago, and
    > it is no longer available. What would be the Canon "replacement" for
    > this model?
    > thanks
    > jerry

    i series is history. now it's iP series. So, i550 and 560 replaces iP3000,
    while i850 and i865 replaces iP4000. I guess that i950 and i960 replaces
    iP5000.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    T_S wrote:
    > The Canon Pixma ip3000 is an exact successor to the i850, offering
    > duplexing and extra paper cassette in addition to the i850 features.
    >
    > We own both models, of course, and the Pixma ip3000
    > is an excellent printer.
    >
    I think you confused it here...ip3000 has only 4 carts, while ip4000 have 5
    carts, which makes it succesor, not 3000...
  7. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article SleeperMan says...
    > I think you confused it here...ip3000 has only 4 carts, while ip4000 have 5
    > carts, which makes it succesor, not 3000...
    >
    >
    The i850 also had only 4 carts. If you only wanted an equivalent it went
    i850->i560 (same but cheaper)->iP3000.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    colinco wrote:
    > In article SleeperMan says...
    >> I think you confused it here...ip3000 has only 4 carts, while
    >> ip4000 have 5 carts, which makes it succesor, not 3000...
    >>
    >>
    > The i850 also had only 4 carts. If you only wanted an equivalent it
    > went i850->i560 (same but cheaper)->iP3000.

    Really? I was almost sure that it had 5...well
    how many have i865 or i960 (or965, whichever)?
  9. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article SleeperMan says...
    > colinco wrote:
    > > In article SleeperMan says...
    > >> I think you confused it here...ip3000 has only 4 carts, while
    > >> ip4000 have 5 carts, which makes it succesor, not 3000...
    > >>
    > >>
    > > The i850 also had only 4 carts. If you only wanted an equivalent it
    > > went i850->i560 (same but cheaper)->iP3000.
    >
    > Really? I was almost sure that it had 5...well
    > how many have i865 or i960 (or965, whichever)?
    >
    >
    >
    i865 = 5, Text Black + 4 C M Y Bk
    i960 = 6, C M Y Bk PC PM
  10. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    colinco wrote:
    > In article SleeperMan says...
    >> colinco wrote:
    >>> In article SleeperMan says...
    >>>> I think you confused it here...ip3000 has only 4 carts, while
    >>>> ip4000 have 5 carts, which makes it succesor, not 3000...
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> The i850 also had only 4 carts. If you only wanted an equivalent it
    >>> went i850->i560 (same but cheaper)->iP3000.
    >>
    >> Really? I was almost sure that it had 5...well
    >> how many have i865 or i960 (or965, whichever)?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    > i865 = 5, Text Black + 4 C M Y Bk
    > i960 = 6, C M Y Bk PC PM

    Aha...thanks
  11. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    news:Qqpcd.4382$F6.1222474@news.siol.net...
    > T_S wrote:
    > > The Canon Pixma ip3000 is an exact successor to the i850, offering
    > > duplexing and extra paper cassette in addition to the i850 features.
    > >
    > > We own both models, of course, and the Pixma ip3000
    > > is an excellent printer.
    > >
    > I think you confused it here...ip3000 has only 4 carts, while ip4000 have
    5
    > carts, which makes it succesor, not 3000...
    >


    I850 has 4 carts
  12. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    FRED wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    > news:Qqpcd.4382$F6.1222474@news.siol.net...
    >> T_S wrote:
    >>> The Canon Pixma ip3000 is an exact successor to the i850, offering
    >>> duplexing and extra paper cassette in addition to the i850 features.
    >>>
    >>> We own both models, of course, and the Pixma ip3000
    >>> is an excellent printer.
    >>>
    >> I think you confused it here...ip3000 has only 4 carts, while
    >> ip4000 have 5 carts, which makes it succesor, not 3000...
    >>
    >
    >
    > I850 has 4 carts

    True---i think 860(865) had 5...
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Canon Peripherals