Sound cuts out

FS2004, XP pro, Sound Blaster Audigy2, Matrox Parhelia.

Sound cuts out randomly and often. ----- Now that I think about it
it is also cutting out in Falcon 4. It doesn't cut out in other apps
like Windows Media Player, Winamp or itunes or other sound apps on the
machine.

What should I look for in troubleshooting this?
1 answer Last reply
More about sound cuts

    Samson <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >FS2004, XP pro, Sound Blaster Audigy2, Matrox Parhelia.
    >
    >Sound cuts out randomly and often. ----- Now that I think about it
    >it is also cutting out in Falcon 4. It doesn't cut out in other apps
    >like Windows Media Player, Winamp or itunes or other sound apps on the
    >machine.
    >
    >What should I look for in troubleshooting this?

    I did a little investigating and found that Total Recorder is screwing
    it up. I changed the audio playback settings in the control panel of
    XP from "playback through Total Recorder" to Audigy and everything
    sounds okay. -- found this at the Total Recorder FAQ. -- BTW, Total
    Recorder is an app I use for recording streaming audio shows.

    \Samson

Video Games