Sound cuts out

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 12, 2005 8:30:12 AM

FS2004, XP pro, Sound Blaster Audigy2, Matrox Parhelia.

Sound cuts out randomly and often. ----- Now that I think about it
it is also cutting out in Falcon 4. It doesn't cut out in other apps
like Windows Media Player, Winamp or itunes or other sound apps on the
machine.

What should I look for in troubleshooting this?

More about : sound cuts

March 12, 2005 11:09:57 AM

Samson <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>FS2004, XP pro, Sound Blaster Audigy2, Matrox Parhelia.
>
>Sound cuts out randomly and often. ----- Now that I think about it
>it is also cutting out in Falcon 4. It doesn't cut out in other apps
>like Windows Media Player, Winamp or itunes or other sound apps on the
>machine.
>
>What should I look for in troubleshooting this?

I did a little investigating and found that Total Recorder is screwing
it up. I changed the audio playback settings in the control panel of
XP from "playback through Total Recorder" to Audigy and everything
sounds okay. -- found this at the Total Recorder FAQ. -- BTW, Total
Recorder is an app I use for recording streaming audio shows.

\Samson
!