Wireless has limited or no connectivity

After trying to set up a wireless network on another notebook and then trying
to add this one, my wireless network now wont connect. The message that
comes up is "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the
Internet or some network rescources. This problem occurred because the
network did not assign a network adderss to the computer."
Computer is a HP Pavilion zd8000.
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless limited connectivity

    This message simply means that the interface did not receive a DHCP address.
    You are associated to a wireless network and usually this means one of two
    things. If you are using WEP security, the keys do not match between the
    access point and the wireless client. Or... The DHCP server on the
    wireless network is down.

    Without knowing the network setup, equipment, or driver versions, it will be
    very difficult to diagnose the problem. Could you reply back with more
    information?

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    "Kwyjibo" <Kwyjibo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After trying to set up a wireless network on another notebook and then
    > trying
    > to add this one, my wireless network now wont connect. The message that
    > comes up is "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access
    > the
    > Internet or some network rescources. This problem occurred because the
    > network did not assign a network adderss to the computer."
    > Computer is a HP Pavilion zd8000.

    Computer is a HP Pavilion zd8000, router is a Belkin Wireless G Router
    2.4Ghz-802.11g, printer is a HP 2710. Drivers, I couldn't tell you sorry.
    How it all happened is when I tried to set up a wireless network from
    another notebook. I used the setup wizard and a USB flash card, one of the
    steps tells you to put the card in equipment you want on the network then on
    other PC's you want on the network. I did all this then I got to the point
    of putting the card into this notebook and answered what was on the screen
    then I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do so I stopped everything before
    it all went through. Now it comes up with earlier mentioned message

    "Jerry Peterson[MSFT]" wrote:

    > This message simply means that the interface did not receive a DHCP address.
    > You are associated to a wireless network and usually this means one of two
    > things. If you are using WEP security, the keys do not match between the
    > access point and the wireless client. Or... The DHCP server on the
    > wireless network is down.
    >
    > Without knowing the network setup, equipment, or driver versions, it will be
    > very difficult to diagnose the problem. Could you reply back with more
    > information?
    >
    > --
    > Jerry Peterson
    > Windows Network Services - Wireless

    > "Kwyjibo" <Kwyjibo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After trying to set up a wireless network on another notebook and then
    > > trying
    > > to add this one, my wireless network now wont connect. The message that
    > > comes up is "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access
    > > the
    > > Internet or some network rescources. This problem occurred because the
    > > network did not assign a network adderss to the computer."
    > > Computer is a HP Pavilion zd8000.

Wireless Connectivity Wireless Network Wireless Networking