Server running very slowly

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 30, 2005 4:10:03 PM

I would like help on a NT4 server running very slowly, can anyone suggests
first steps in investigation of the problem please? I have run performance
monitor and the pages/sec seemed very high what is this an indication of?
--
BrianT

More about : server running slowly

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 6:43:07 PM

check process and memory usage, that's what happens when you run out of RAM
and it starts swapping.

"BrianT" wrote:

> I would like help on a NT4 server running very slowly, can anyone suggests
> first steps in investigation of the problem please? I have run performance
> monitor and the pages/sec seemed very high what is this an indication of?
> --
> BrianT
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:36:37 PM

"" wrote:
> I would like help on a NT4 server running very slowly, can
> anyone suggests
> first steps in investigation of the problem please? I have run
> performance
> monitor and the pages/sec seemed very high what is this an
> indication of?
> --
> BrianT

To maintain speed and performance of servers, its also important to
defragment them regularly, do make it a part of regular system
maintenance. A good third party defragmenter will perform in the
background with low CPU priority level even on mission critical
servers.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Server-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751556
!