Server running very slowly

I would like help on a NT4 server running very slowly, can anyone suggests
first steps in investigation of the problem please? I have run performance
monitor and the pages/sec seemed very high what is this an indication of?
--
BrianT
2 answers Last reply

    check process and memory usage, that's what happens when you run out of RAM
    and it starts swapping.

    "BrianT" wrote:

    > I would like help on a NT4 server running very slowly, can anyone suggests
    > first steps in investigation of the problem please? I have run performance
    > monitor and the pages/sec seemed very high what is this an indication of?
    > --
    > BrianT
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    "" wrote:
    > I would like help on a NT4 server running very slowly, can
    > anyone suggests
    > first steps in investigation of the problem please? I have run
    > performance
    > monitor and the pages/sec seemed very high what is this an
    > indication of?
    > --
    > BrianT

    To maintain speed and performance of servers, its also important to
    defragment them regularly, do make it a part of regular system
    maintenance. A good third party defragmenter will perform in the
    background with low CPU priority level even on mission critical
    servers.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Server-running-slowly-ftopict551930.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751556

Microsoft Servers Windows