HP970 paper pusher bar

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have seen a number of messages related to the dreaded "paper pusher
bar"; has anyone successfully replaced the part? Are there any
instructions (I can;t even begin to take apart the printer!)? Is the
part still available?
Thanks, Bob

Bob wrote:
> I have seen a number of messages related to the dreaded "paper pusher
> bar"; has anyone successfully replaced the part? Are there any
> instructions (I can;t even begin to take apart the printer!)? Is the
> part still available?
> Thanks, Bob
I changed mine. As I recall there is a hidden release that you can
access after opening the front cover. To completely remove the cover you
will have to disconnect the cable going to the front buttons. I got mine
from http://partsdirect.hp.com, p/n C6429-40031, back in Jan 03. For
some reason this part "Is no longer supplied". You might have better
luck here-
http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win/tpwall.exe/find?C6426-40026