Where to find Screen Saver files?

A few years ago, our company paid someone to design a custom screen saver for
our (then) Windows NT Workstation PC's. Now we want to re-create the same
for our XP boxes.

I have found a NT Workstation PC with it. But what files do I copy, to get
as much of the original screen saver program? (t is listed in the Add/Remove
Programs BTW). What, kind of files do I need to look for: i.e *.dll *.exe
*.scr, etc....?

Thanks

Courtney R wrote:
> A few years ago, our company paid someone to design a custom screen saver for
> our (then) Windows NT Workstation PC's. Now we want to re-create the same
> for our XP boxes.
>
> I have found a NT Workstation PC with it. But what files do I copy, to get
> as much of the original screen saver program? (t is listed in the Add/Remove
> Programs BTW). What, kind of files do I need to look for: i.e *.dll *.exe
> *.scr, etc....?
>
> Thanks

A screen saver normally has a .scr extension. However, sometimes
it will be .exe.

A screen saver designed for NT4 will not necessarily work with
XP. You may need to track down the programmer and get the source
code so that it can be modified for XP and recompiled.