Opening Explorer at a particular folder

Is there a way to get Windows Explorer to open at a specific folder – i.e.,
instead of having to navigate to the folder?

Sometimes I open several Explorer windows in order to have access to files
located in different folders. Explorer always opens at the Desktop,
requiring me to navigate through folder hierarchies in order to get to the
folder I want open in that particular window.

Is there a more direct way to the folder I want to open?

Thanks.

try here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856

bob