windows xp home edition

I am using windows xp home edttion. what key or keys gets
me too the dos bios menu for ex; to enable and disable
hardware, boot sequence etc.

Hi,

Depends on the system. Try this link:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Tim Hickey" <thickey1@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>I am using windows xp home edttion. what key or keys gets
> me too the dos bios menu for ex; to enable and disable
> hardware, boot sequence etc.

Depends on the mother board.
some use: delete, F2, F1, Ctrl+Alt+Esc, etc........
Let us know what make or Motherboard you have.

"Tim Hickey" <thickey1@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> I am using windows xp home edttion. what key or keys gets
> me too the dos bios menu for ex; to enable and disable
> hardware, boot sequence etc.

rORy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2003

Typically during boot up at the POST screen you will see
a message that says "To run setup hit DEL" and that will
get you into the BIOS. If your POST screen is not enabled
try tapping the F-10 key during boot up.

Greetings --

The operating system is immaterial. Only you know what
motherboard and BIOS you have, so only you know the answer to your
question. ;-}

In the extremely unlikely event that your PC's manual or the
motherboard manufacturer's web site doesn't contain the needed
information, try one or more of the following:

How do I access my computer's setup (BIOS)
http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/2157.html

Wim's BIOS Page
http://www.wimsbios.com/

Accessing Motherboard BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

In news:5bc601c4819f$f28ee250$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Tim Hickey <thickey1@peoplepc.com> typed:

>I am using windows xp home edttion. what key or keys gets
> me too the dos bios menu for ex; to enable and disable
> hardware, boot sequence etc.

First of all, understand that it's not a *DOS* BIOS menu. The
BIOS has nothing to do with DOS.

Second, note that it has nothing to what version of Windows
you're running, or even whether you're running Windows at all..

How to get into your BIOS depends, not on Windows, but on what
motherboard/BIOS you have. As a matter of fact, you have to
access the BIOS before Windows even starts to boot. One common
way is to press the Del key when you first power on, but that's
not necessarily right for your computer. Watch the screen
carefully when you first boot; there's often a message there
telling you what to do. If not, check your system documentation
or check with your vendor.

Also look here:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Or just try the Del key. There's a good chance that's correct for
you.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Tim Hickey wrote:
> I am using windows xp home edttion. what key or keys gets
> me too the dos bios menu for ex; to enable and disable
> hardware, boot sequence etc.

Sorry, crystal ball's on the fritz again, but here's a clue. Try RTFM that
came with your system and answer your own damned question! How the Hades are
we supposed to know?!
lose his marbles?

The OP thought it was something in DOS, therefore he probably wouldn't know
what manual to look in, even if one came with his computer.

Hardware? Boot Sequence? DOS BIOS menu? Sounds like he's trying to get to
the BIOS!

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
-----