Aeronautical Charts to Be Taken Off of Market

While browsing at my local map store, I found a posting concerning the sale
of aeronautical charts. I looked online to see all the details.

It seems that soon, some US government agency (the NGA) is taking its
aeronautical charts off of the public market and they won't be available
anymore. From what I can tell this particular department only has been
producing some specialty-type charts, but if you want to buy one for your
Flight Simulation enjoyment, you might want to do so quickly.

Here's a link to a page with a link to the announcement. Look for "NGA
Aeronautical Charting Products", effective date October 1, 2005.
http://avn.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/special

There's always Jeppesen ;)

are they talking about this free service here?
http://naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

Could well be, why supply something for free when you can make money out of
it.

"Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in

> There's always Jeppesen ;)
>
> are they talking about this free service here?
> http://naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp
>
> Could well be, why supply something for free when you can make money
> out of it.

No they are talking about DAFIF.

This has been in work for quite a while. The explanation is that
DAFIF includes charts of various foreign airports, and these
countries do not wan them available for free via download.

scott s.
..

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah, because we're all terrorists and we want all their airport data.
I still fail to find the reason why they want this info banned from public
forums.