Too late to sell those 6800GTs?

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I was looking at downgrading for a bit so I could save up. But since the GS is out and I have a PCIExpress 6800GT, is it right for me to guess it is going to be hard to get rid of?

I also have to get rid of a TT Shark case. [charlie brown]Oh, brother![/charlie brown] Any suggestions on that.

But mainly I wanted to get rid of it so I can throw in my GTO. Hopefully that will get me into when the 7800GT drops more.

Detson

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2005
From what I've heard, the GT is actually a bit better than the GS, although not sufficiently to warrent a much larger price. Since the GS is only $50 or so cheaper than the GT, you shouldn't lose out out too much if you sell it now. It's not like people suddenly stopped buying the GT, or anything...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
People are still buying the 6800GT in order to do SLI with the 6800GT they already have. You should be able to get a reasonable price out of yours, if you're looking to sell, as supplies are drying up.

bobbydamm

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2005
I think you could do pretty well selling the GT PCIe.
I know where I live they are next to extinct and the only 6800GT's left are AGP (I've seen stocks at Best Buy and elsewhere in the past few weeks. No PCIe versions anywhere)
That card is THE kick ass flavor.
It still keeps the pace no matter what!
The GS is a decent substitute but with only 12 pipes.
If the GS had been out in early November in my area I would have gotten it over the X800XL. The XL was my only real option price/performance wise since the 6800 was no where in sight when I decided to get a new card.
I wouldn't give up on the GT anytime soon.