Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

NT 4.0 Services Hang

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 15, 2005 12:59:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

I am running into problems with my exchange server 5.5 on my NT 4.0 machine.
When it boots up everything is fine except a couple of my Microsoft Exchange
Server services don't start. When i go to manually start them, it hangs and
never continues. I am baffled and stuck on what to do. I can get more
specifics if needed, just let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan

p.s. need help asap.

More about : services hang

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:20:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

check event log for errors

"Ryan" wrote:

> I am running into problems with my exchange server 5.5 on my NT 4.0 machine.
> When it boots up everything is fine except a couple of my Microsoft Exchange
> Server services don't start. When i go to manually start them, it hangs and
> never continues. I am baffled and stuck on what to do. I can get more
> specifics if needed, just let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan
>
> p.s. need help asap.
August 15, 2005 2:18:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

There are no error events. Just ones telling me which services did not start
at boot. Which are the typical ones that i have not starting on boot.

"dlw" wrote:

> check event log for errors
>
> "Ryan" wrote:
>
> > I am running into problems with my exchange server 5.5 on my NT 4.0 machine.
> > When it boots up everything is fine except a couple of my Microsoft Exchange
> > Server services don't start. When i go to manually start them, it hangs and
> > never continues. I am baffled and stuck on what to do. I can get more
> > specifics if needed, just let me know.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ryan
> >
> > p.s. need help asap.
Related resources
August 15, 2005 2:42:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

Disregard my previous reply as i rebooted and got an error message that
reads: "Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service
specific error code of 4294966767"

Any idea on this??

"dlw" wrote:

> check event log for errors
>
> "Ryan" wrote:
>
> > I am running into problems with my exchange server 5.5 on my NT 4.0 machine.
> > When it boots up everything is fine except a couple of my Microsoft Exchange
> > Server services don't start. When i go to manually start them, it hangs and
> > never continues. I am baffled and stuck on what to do. I can get more
> > specifics if needed, just let me know.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ryan
> >
> > p.s. need help asap.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:36:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

4294966767 = -529 0xFFFFFDEF JET_errLogDiskFull log disk full

Ask them more here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Ryan" wrote:
| Disregard my previous reply as i rebooted and got an error message that
| reads: "Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with
service
| specific error code of 4294966767"
|
| Any idea on this??
!