USB 2.0 and Windows 2000 pro

Just a quick question really.

I want to buy a Epson CX6600 all in one printer. It states in the techy info
that power source/connection is USB 2.0.
Will I have to upgrade my USB to use it or will it work with normal USB?
I have a gigabyte GA-6VEML Mobo with VIA PLE133tAGP chipset, will this
support USB 2. I have check manual and website without much luck.

Any info gratefully received.

Regards,

Kevin

"=?Utf-8?B?a2xlZWZhcnI=?= iol.ie>" <kleefarr<at> wrote in

> Just a quick question really.
>
> I want to buy a Epson CX6600 all in one printer. It states in the
> techy info that power source/connection is USB 2.0.
> Will I have to upgrade my USB to use it or will it work with normal
> USB? I have a gigabyte GA-6VEML Mobo with VIA PLE133tAGP chipset, will
> this support USB 2. I have check manual and website without much luck.
>
> Any info gratefully received.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kevin

An USB 2.0 device should work on USB 1.1, but will be much slower - you
would probably notice this most when using the all-in-one for scanning.

I am not familiar with your motherboard, but if the 133 in the chipset
model number refers to 133MHz bus speed (PC133 memory), it is probably old
enough that it does not support USB 2.0.

You can buy add-on USB cards for very little (about 1/10 of what that
printer costs) that will add USB 2.0 to your machine.

"nospam.please@ualberta.ca" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?a2xlZWZhcnI=?= iol.ie>" <kleefarr<at> wrote in
>
> > Just a quick question really.
> >
> > I want to buy a Epson CX6600 all in one printer. It states in the
> > techy info that power source/connection is USB 2.0.
> > Will I have to upgrade my USB to use it or will it work with normal
> > USB? I have a gigabyte GA-6VEML Mobo with VIA PLE133tAGP chipset, will
> > this support USB 2. I have check manual and website without much luck.
> >
> > Any info gratefully received.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> An USB 2.0 device should work on USB 1.1, but will be much slower - you
> would probably notice this most when using the all-in-one for scanning.
>
> I am not familiar with your motherboard, but if the 133 in the chipset
> model number refers to 133MHz bus speed (PC133 memory), it is probably old
> enough that it does not support USB 2.0.
>
> You can buy add-on USB cards for very little (about 1/10 of what that
> printer costs) that will add USB 2.0 to your machine.

Great. Thanks for the info.