Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 31, 2005 2:33:05 PM

I am running Windows NT 4.0 sp6a with Internet Explorer 6 installed. My
scheduled tasks do not run. I receive an error that says "The attempt to
retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the
task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information
existed for the task. The specific error is: 0x8004130f: No account
information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the
task indicated." I did enter the account information requested. Do I have
to remain logged on for the task scheduler to run? If not, how do I get the
account information into the security database?

Thanks,

--
Ron

More about : task scheduler run

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 3:50:55 PM

Make sure the Task Scheduler service is set to logon with the Local System
Account and Allow Service to Interact with Desktop

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Ron" wrote:
|I am running Windows NT 4.0 sp6a with Internet Explorer 6 installed. My
| scheduled tasks do not run. I receive an error that says "The attempt to
| retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the
| task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information
| existed for the task. The specific error is: 0x8004130f: No account
| information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the
| task indicated." I did enter the account information requested. Do I
have
| to remain logged on for the task scheduler to run? If not, how do I get
the
| account information into the security database?
|
| Thanks,
|
| --
| Ron
August 31, 2005 3:50:56 PM

The task scheduler service is running under the system account and the box is
checked.
--
Ron

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Make sure the Task Scheduler service is set to logon with the Local System
> Account and Allow Service to Interact with Desktop
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Ron" wrote:
> |I am running Windows NT 4.0 sp6a with Internet Explorer 6 installed. My
> | scheduled tasks do not run. I receive an error that says "The attempt to
> | retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the
> | task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information
> | existed for the task. The specific error is: 0x8004130f: No account
> | information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the
> | task indicated." I did enter the account information requested. Do I
> have
> | to remain logged on for the task scheduler to run? If not, how do I get
> the
> | account information into the security database?
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | --
> | Ron

August 31, 2005 5:03:37 PM

The accounts database may be corrupt. Try deleting all tasks then after
restart add them back in.

--

"Ron" wrote:
| The task scheduler service is running under the system account and the box
is
| checked.
| --
| Ron
August 31, 2005 5:03:38 PM

Ok...I'll try that. I'll post tomorrw to let you know if it worked.
--
Ron

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> The accounts database may be corrupt. Try deleting all tasks then after
> restart add them back in.
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Ron" wrote:
> | The task scheduler service is running under the system account and the box
> is
> | checked.
> | --
> | Ron

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:33:33 PM

Ok, we'll be standing by.

--

"Ron" wrote:
| Ok...I'll try that. I'll post tomorrw to let you know if it worked.
| --
| Ron
September 1, 2005 11:33:24 AM

Worked fine last night. I guess that was the problem. Thanks!!
--
Ron

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Ok, we'll be standing by.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Ron" wrote:
> | Ok...I'll try that. I'll post tomorrw to let you know if it worked.
> | --
> | Ron

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 2:09:37 AM

Yep, you're welcome.

--

"Ron" wrote:
| Worked fine last night. I guess that was the problem. Thanks!!
| --
| Ron
April 22, 2009 9:07:53 PM

I have a new machine install, and i setup a new task.
when i ran it, it failed with the same error.
then i deleted it, and added the same job/task back
immediately after, and it worked fine

so perhaps there is some initial setup
which needs to happen on the database first
!