Closed

Task scheduler will not run

I am running Windows NT 4.0 sp6a with Internet Explorer 6 installed. My
scheduled tasks do not run. I receive an error that says "The attempt to
retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the
task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information
existed for the task. The specific error is: 0x8004130f: No account
information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the
task indicated." I did enter the account information requested. Do I have
to remain logged on for the task scheduler to run? If not, how do I get the
account information into the security database?

Thanks,

--
Ron
8 answers Last reply

    Make sure the Task Scheduler service is set to logon with the Local System
    Account and Allow Service to Interact with Desktop

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Ron" wrote:
    |I am running Windows NT 4.0 sp6a with Internet Explorer 6 installed. My
    | scheduled tasks do not run. I receive an error that says "The attempt to
    | retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the
    | task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information
    | existed for the task. The specific error is: 0x8004130f: No account
    | information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the
    | task indicated." I did enter the account information requested. Do I
    have
    | to remain logged on for the task scheduler to run? If not, how do I get
    the
    | account information into the security database?
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | --
    | Ron
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    The task scheduler service is running under the system account and the box is
    checked.
    --
    Ron

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Make sure the Task Scheduler service is set to logon with the Local System
    > Account and Allow Service to Interact with Desktop
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Ron" wrote:
    > |I am running Windows NT 4.0 sp6a with Internet Explorer 6 installed. My
    > | scheduled tasks do not run. I receive an error that says "The attempt to
    > | retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the
    > | task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information
    > | existed for the task. The specific error is: 0x8004130f: No account
    > | information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the
    > | task indicated." I did enter the account information requested. Do I
    > have
    > | to remain logged on for the task scheduler to run? If not, how do I get
    > the
    > | account information into the security database?
    > |
    > | Thanks,
    > |
    > | --
    > | Ron

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    The accounts database may be corrupt. Try deleting all tasks then after
    restart add them back in.

    --

    "Ron" wrote:
    | The task scheduler service is running under the system account and the box
    is
    | checked.
    | --
    | Ron
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Ok...I'll try that. I'll post tomorrw to let you know if it worked.
    --
    Ron

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > The accounts database may be corrupt. Try deleting all tasks then after
    > restart add them back in.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Ron" wrote:
    > | The task scheduler service is running under the system account and the box
    > is
    > | checked.
    > | --
    > | Ron

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Ok, we'll be standing by.

    --

    "Ron" wrote:
    | Ok...I'll try that. I'll post tomorrw to let you know if it worked.
    | --
    | Ron
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Worked fine last night. I guess that was the problem. Thanks!!
    --
    Ron

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Ok, we'll be standing by.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Ron" wrote:
    > | Ok...I'll try that. I'll post tomorrw to let you know if it worked.
    > | --
    > | Ron

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Yep, you're welcome.

    --

    "Ron" wrote:
    | Worked fine last night. I guess that was the problem. Thanks!!
    | --
    | Ron
  8. I have a new machine install, and i setup a new task.
    when i ran it, it failed with the same error.
    then i deleted it, and added the same job/task back
    immediately after, and it worked fine

    so perhaps there is some initial setup
    which needs to happen on the database first

Windows