Earthquakes in Flight Sim

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Don't know if any of you here have experienced this, but, it has been
mentioned in the PSS forum and it happens with more than a few aircraft.
At a select number of airports, while taxiing, the aircraft vibrates,
alightly at first and slowly gets worse to a certain point. Sometimes, the
nose wheel collapses and a crash is detedted and the flight restarts.
No solution has been found yet and was wonderring if anyone here has had
this problem. Some people have stated it happens at airports with add on
scenery. The aircraft involved so far are:
CS 727
CS 707
PSS Concorde

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:52:40 +1100, Goran wrote:

> Don't know if any of you here have experienced this, but, it has been
> mentioned in the PSS forum and it happens with more than a few aircraft.
> At a select number of airports, while taxiing, the aircraft vibrates,
> alightly at first and slowly gets worse to a certain point. Sometimes, the
> nose wheel collapses and a crash is detedted and the flight restarts.
> No solution has been found yet and was wonderring if anyone here has had
> this problem. Some people have stated it happens at airports with add on
> scenery. The aircraft involved so far are:
> CS 727
> CS 707
> PSS Concorde

Nope not here.

--

Marcel
(life is a tricky thing...I'm glad I'm good at it!)

Yes, that's not uncommon - I've seen it mentioned on quite a few sites
and it happens to me from time to time. I haven't been able to work
out whether it is the planes or the scenery that cause it - I suspect
the latter. As far as I cold work out, it happens mostly with add-on
sceneries rather than default ones, where there are perhaps small
faults in the bgl files. And I found that if I moved the default
starting gate from one where the problem occurs, the juddering (and
yes, sometimes collapse of the aircraft) doesn't happen any more.

Can't find a way to 'cure' the problem though.

Martin

Martin S. <Martin S@ms.com> wrote in

> Yes, that's not uncommon - I've seen it mentioned on quite a few sites
> and it happens to me from time to time. I haven't been able to work

[...]

> yes, sometimes collapse of the aircraft) doesn't happen any more.
>
> Can't find a way to 'cure' the problem though.

I am using FSGlobal2005 (13 GB world mesh =:cool: ), and it seems that FS9
gets in trouble when loading the Meshes from LOD5 (which is used for
distant objects) to LOD9 (which is the default for FSG2005), for example
when one slews very fast to another airport, or when viewing distant
aircraft.

I don't know if using multiple layers of airport bgl files does increase
the effect.

Thomas
@EDDV

--
http://www.suchanhannover.de
please use the eMail address listed on the web page.