Earthquakes in Flight Sim

Don't know if any of you here have experienced this, but, it has been
mentioned in the PSS forum and it happens with more than a few aircraft.
At a select number of airports, while taxiing, the aircraft vibrates,
alightly at first and slowly gets worse to a certain point. Sometimes, the
nose wheel collapses and a crash is detedted and the flight restarts.
No solution has been found yet and was wonderring if anyone here has had
this problem. Some people have stated it happens at airports with add on
scenery. The aircraft involved so far are:
CS 727
CS 707
PSS Concorde
3 answers Last reply
More about earthquakes flight

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:52:40 +1100, Goran wrote:

    > Don't know if any of you here have experienced this, but, it has been
    > mentioned in the PSS forum and it happens with more than a few aircraft.
    > At a select number of airports, while taxiing, the aircraft vibrates,
    > alightly at first and slowly gets worse to a certain point. Sometimes, the
    > nose wheel collapses and a crash is detedted and the flight restarts.
    > No solution has been found yet and was wonderring if anyone here has had
    > this problem. Some people have stated it happens at airports with add on
    > scenery. The aircraft involved so far are:
    > CS 727
    > CS 707
    > PSS Concorde

    Nope not here.

    --

    Marcel
    (life is a tricky thing...I'm glad I'm good at it!)

    Yes, that's not uncommon - I've seen it mentioned on quite a few sites
    and it happens to me from time to time. I haven't been able to work
    out whether it is the planes or the scenery that cause it - I suspect
    the latter. As far as I cold work out, it happens mostly with add-on
    sceneries rather than default ones, where there are perhaps small
    faults in the bgl files. And I found that if I moved the default
    starting gate from one where the problem occurs, the juddering (and
    yes, sometimes collapse of the aircraft) doesn't happen any more.

    Can't find a way to 'cure' the problem though.

    Martin

    Martin S. <Martin S@ms.com> wrote in

    > Yes, that's not uncommon - I've seen it mentioned on quite a few sites
    > and it happens to me from time to time. I haven't been able to work

    [...]

    > yes, sometimes collapse of the aircraft) doesn't happen any more.
    >
    > Can't find a way to 'cure' the problem though.

    I am using FSGlobal2005 (13 GB world mesh =8-) ), and it seems that FS9
    gets in trouble when loading the Meshes from LOD5 (which is used for
    distant objects) to LOD9 (which is the default for FSG2005), for example
    when one slews very fast to another airport, or when viewing distant
    aircraft.

    I don't know if using multiple layers of airport bgl files does increase
    the effect.

    Thomas
    @EDDV

    --
    http://www.suchanhannover.de
    please use the eMail address listed on the web page.

Games Microsoft Video Games