broken downloads (dialup)

Hello,
Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when you re-connect
on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an hour when the
line disconnects.
thanks mc
4 answers Last reply
More about broken downloads dialup

    "" wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when
    > you re-connect
    > on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an
    > hour when the
    > line disconnects.
    > thanks mc

    You could use a download manager such as FileZilla, although i would
    recomend using BitTorrent as much as posible as FTP and HTTP file
    transfers offten corrupt.

    FileZilla: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
    BitTorrent: http://www.bittorrent.com/

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-broken-downloads-dialup-ftopict417309.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1392117
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Thanks for the info...
    mc
    "Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when
    > > you re-connect
    > > on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an
    > > hour when the
    > > line disconnects.
    > > thanks mc
    >
    > You could use a download manager such as FileZilla, although i would
    > recomend using BitTorrent as much as posible as FTP and HTTP file
    > transfers offten corrupt.
    >
    > FileZilla: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
    > BitTorrent: http://www.bittorrent.com/

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-broken-downloads-dialup-ftopict417309.html
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    mc wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when you re-connect
    > on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an hour when the
    > line disconnects.
    > thanks mc

    I use a version of wget (http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html)
    that came with cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/).

    The gnu page has links to binaries and source for Microsoft Windows if
    you only want wget and aren't interested in other unix utilities.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Thanks, this looks pretty useful...
    mc
    "Bruce" <bns_robson@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > mc wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when you
    >> re-connect on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an
    >> hour when the line disconnects.
    >> thanks mc
    > I use a version of wget (http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html) that
    > came with cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/).
    >
    > The gnu page has links to binaries and source for Microsoft Windows if you
    > only want wget and aren't interested in other unix utilities.

Download Dialup Dial Up Connection Microsoft Windows