broken downloads (dialup)

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 4, 2005 7:04:13 PM

Hello,
Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when you re-connect
on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an hour when the
line disconnects.
thanks mc
September 5, 2005 5:36:32 PM

"" wrote:
> Hello,
> Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when
> you re-connect
> on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an
> hour when the
> line disconnects.
> thanks mc

You could use a download manager such as FileZilla, although i would
recomend using BitTorrent as much as posible as FTP and HTTP file
transfers offten corrupt.

FileZilla: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
BitTorrent: http://www.bittorrent.com/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-broken-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1392117
September 6, 2005 12:50:53 AM

Thanks for the info...
mc
"Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when
> > you re-connect
> > on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an
> > hour when the
> > line disconnects.
> > thanks mc
>
> You could use a download manager such as FileZilla, although i would
> recomend using BitTorrent as much as posible as FTP and HTTP file
> transfers offten corrupt.
>
> FileZilla: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
> BitTorrent: http://www.bittorrent.com/

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-broken-...
September 23, 2005 12:49:58 AM

mc wrote:
> Hello,
> Are there any add ons for NT that will retain a download when you re-connect
> on a dial up connection. I hate losing a download after an hour when the
> line disconnects.
> thanks mc

I use a version of wget (http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html)
that came with cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/).

The gnu page has links to binaries and source for Microsoft Windows if
you only want wget and aren't interested in other unix utilities.
September 23, 2005 1:19:57 AM

Thanks, this looks pretty useful...
mc

!