Unable to start-up - l_intl.nls missing or corrupt

After a problem shutting down, and subsequent slow performance, I am
receiving a STOP (Inaccessible Boot Device) message when trying to boot. I
tried Last Known Good Configuration, and received a message that the file
"l_intl.nls" is missing or corrupt. I have tried to use the recovery console,
but no command prompt appears. The recovery CD is unable to detect and repair
an operating system, and trying to boot in safe mode results in the same STOP
error. Is there any way to fix this problem? I am using Windows 2000.

More about unable start l_intl missing corrupt
  1. I also have this problem although with Win XP. Does anybody know how to solve it?
    Is it possible to overwrite the corrupt l_intl.nlf file with a new file taken from another computer. Thought I'd better check before I did this in case the file is system specific.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Ben

Boot Windows