Outlook Calendar Label and Activesync

August 30, 2004 11:45:00 AM

Activesync does not appear to be syncing my label field
from Outlook calendar. When you make a new appointment,
there is a field on the form called 'label' and it allows
you to label the appt with a particular color and
corresponding name. when I sync my work PC with my home
PC using activesync, I look the color (label) that I apply
on my appointments. Anyone got any help on this one?

Versions Outlook 2003/Outlook XP (Home/Office versions)
Dell X30, activesync 3.7.1

Thanks.

Sean
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 1:54:32 PM

Sean,

The label function in Outlook 2003 is not supported in Pocket Outlook.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Editor

http://www.clintonfitch.com
http://www.hpcfactor.com

"Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Activesync does not appear to be syncing my label field
> from Outlook calendar. When you make a new appointment,
> there is a field on the form called 'label' and it allows
> you to label the appt with a particular color and
> corresponding name. when I sync my work PC with my home
> PC using activesync, I look the color (label) that I apply
> on my appointments. Anyone got any help on this one?
>
> Versions Outlook 2003/Outlook XP (Home/Office versions)
> Dell X30, activesync 3.7.1
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sean
August 30, 2004 1:54:33 PM

Does anyone know if this will be supported in the next
version of Pocket Outlook? When is the next version due
out?

Thanks,

Sean

August 30, 2004 5:40:02 PM

Pocket Outlook is not a separately installable program, it comes inside
ROM memory on your PPC and others. The only way to get an 'update' to
Pocket Outlook would be to buy a PPC with Windows Mobile 2003 SE, but
so far there are no reports of any enhancements in Pocket Outlook in
the SE edition of Windows Mobile.

$0.02

~S.

"Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2b6c01c48ea3
$fc97b270$a501280a@phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Do you label them as you please or do you label them according to a set of
rules?

If you label them according to a set of rules... such as "if Birthday is
part of the subject...etc... use label so and so" then you can just set your
Home PC to have the same rules as your Office PC.

If you label them as you please... that is manually label those you wich to
be labeled... then the label will not carry over to your other PC via a PPC
ActiveSync.

--
Carlo Ma. Guerrero
Microsoft MVP, Mobile Devices

"Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Activesync does not appear to be syncing my label field
from Outlook calendar. When you make a new appointment,
there is a field on the form called 'label' and it allows
you to label the appt with a particular color and
corresponding name. when I sync my work PC with my home
PC using activesync, I look the color (label) that I apply
on my appointments. Anyone got any help on this one?

Versions Outlook 2003/Outlook XP (Home/Office versions)
Dell X30, activesync 3.7.1

Thanks.

Sean
Anonymous