Netgear Router WPN824 unable to reconnect to ISP

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
September 1, 2005 2:03:58 AM

Hi,

I just bought a NetGear Router WPN824. It works fine but it disconnects
from the ISP after an hour and whenever I try to reconnect it from the web
interface, it just fails to reconnect. I have to power off and on the router
(without touching my ethernet modem at all) in order to reconnect. (I am
using PPPoE.) Any idea why this is happening ? How do i solve it ? Thanks.

Regards,
Adrian
September 1, 2005 2:03:59 AM

i would ask:
1. my isp what they are seeing for errors or if it is even dialing or trying
to connect, they should be able to see from their side if it is doing
anything.
2. netgear tech support

!