AGP aperture in FS9

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 13, 2005 12:12:24 AM

I decided to do some experimenting in FS9 with AGP aperture.

Here's my system
Athlon 2100 overclocked to 2700(166mhz X 13, 2.17ghz)
Gigabyte Radeon 9600 pro(128MB)
1 gig PC2700 ram 2-3-3-6
Asus A7N8X-D motherboard
WD800JB(7200 rpm 8MB) HD

Here's my FS9 settings
1028x764 32 bit
render to texture, T&L, AA on
filtering bilinear
Mip Mapping-4
Hardware lights-6

mesh complexity-50
terrain texture size-high
all scenery objects dense

Location- KDFW default scenery 17R 12:30 local, 12 march with mytraffic
installed and default C-182 cockpit 2D view

I got 15fps with AGP set to 64, 128 and 256, too lazy to reboot and try any
other settings. So apparently AGP aperture does not affect FS9 at all, at
least while sitting on the ground at DFW, maybe in flight it would as it
needs to load more/bigger textures? I'm interested to see if anyone else has
tried messing with this.

More about : agp aperture fs9

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 1:03:44 AM

lower settings are better.
but you want to keep it above 16..

32 -64 is generally the best setting

--
**********
shu

"Petebert" <castle@nthrax.org> wrote in message
> I decided to do some experimenting in FS9 with AGP aperture.
>
> Here's my system
> Athlon 2100 overclocked to 2700(166mhz X 13, 2.17ghz)
> Gigabyte Radeon 9600 pro(128MB)
> 1 gig PC2700 ram 2-3-3-6
> Asus A7N8X-D motherboard
> WD800JB(7200 rpm 8MB) HD
>
> Here's my FS9 settings
> 1028x764 32 bit
> render to texture, T&L, AA on
> filtering bilinear
> Mip Mapping-4
> Hardware lights-6
>
> mesh complexity-50
> terrain texture size-high
> all scenery objects dense
>
> Location- KDFW default scenery 17R 12:30 local, 12 march with mytraffic
> installed and default C-182 cockpit 2D view
>
> I got 15fps with AGP set to 64, 128 and 256, too lazy to reboot and try
any
> other settings. So apparently AGP aperture does not affect FS9 at all, at
> least while sitting on the ground at DFW, maybe in flight it would as it
> needs to load more/bigger textures? I'm interested to see if anyone else
has
> tried messing with this.

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 10:08:02 AM

I've seen a number of published experiments on the AGP aperture setting
in the past couple of years. Everything I've read says set it to 32 or 64,
irrespective of the card type or amount of video RAM. . I gave it a try on a
128MB 9800 Pro at 32, 64, and 128 and saw no difference at all.

!