How to set WindowsNT to detect parallel port

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I'm having trouble with printing. I'm getting a "Error
writing to LPT1. The system cannot find the file
specified." error. I checked through MSKnowledge Base
Article for help and found article 185276 and article
150498. I followed the resolution suggested in article
185276 and found that WindowsNT is not detecting the
parallel port. Do any of you folks know a fix.
1 answer Last reply
More about windowsnt detect parallel port
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

    Are you sure it is enabled in the bios?

    --
    Tony Edgecombe
    www.frogmorecs.com/ng

    "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having trouble with printing. I'm getting a "Error
    > writing to LPT1. The system cannot find the file
    > specified." error. I checked through MSKnowledge Base
    > Article for help and found article 185276 and article
    > 150498. I followed the resolution suggested in article
    > 185276 and found that WindowsNT is not detecting the
    > parallel port. Do any of you folks know a fix.

Microsoft Parallel Port Windows