TELNET PROBLEM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Hi all, my printer has been using an ip address assigned by the DHCP. In the process of changing the ip address to a static address using TELNET command I accidentally entered a wrong digit in the subnet mask. Now I can no longer connect to the printer's jetdirect with TELNET to enter the correct subnet mask.

Please what do I do.
I'm using an HP LaserJet 8100n.

Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Although this is not a Telnet problem at all, its a
configuration issue.
To fix this, simply setup a workstation with the same
incorrect subnet mask and with a static IP that would place
it in the same network and you will be able to reconnect.
NOTE: Subnet masks can be tricky, it's probably easier to
use for example:
Printer's IP: 192.168.2.1
Make the workstation 192.168.2.2, and you should have
success.
Remember how subnet masks affect the definition of a
subnetwork for the two devices.