Another ActiveSync Question/Problem

August 30, 2004 3:59:47 PM

Installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 after XP Home SP 2 update problems making a
connection. Would have thought this might makes things better, but now
can't transfer or see my HP Jornada with PPC2002! It does make connection,
but when trying to Explorer, eventually gives up with a "Failed to Start
Remote Services" error box with "Critical communications services have
failed to start. Try resetting the mobile device, and then connect again."

I've done this several times, cold booted, etc with no success. Even tried
to re-install ActiveSync. Is there a PPC component that should have updated
the previous version? Mine didn't. Any suggestions? I'm really surprised
(or should I really be) that 2 Microsoft products are so incompatible?
Puzzled..... Cam
August 31, 2004 1:39:31 AM

camshaft wrote:
> Installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 after XP Home SP 2
> really surprised (or should I really be) that 2 Microsoft products are
> so incompatible?

Neither a hardware, nor a software problem, but a clear case of operator
error.
To fix the problem, on your desktop computer, go to Start, Settings,
Control Panel, Windows Firewall, Exceptions, Add Program. Add ActiveSync
to the list of programs allowed to make a connection.
Also, next time, you may want to read before clicking [Next]. ;)
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 1:39:32 AM

Pardonez-moi, mon ami René:

You should just stick to playing games and not bother adding your childish
comments. Nothing to do with Firewall, I admitted the fault is with
ZoneLabs, but objected to SP2 being forced on me, creating added
complications.

Think big or stay home.....

"René" <garbagejunkandcrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> camshaft wrote:
>> Installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 after XP Home SP 2
>> really surprised (or should I really be) that 2 Microsoft products are
>> so incompatible?
>
> Neither a hardware, nor a software problem, but a clear case of operator
> error.
> To fix the problem, on your desktop computer, go to Start, Settings,
> Control Panel, Windows Firewall, Exceptions, Add Program. Add ActiveSync
> to the list of programs allowed to make a connection.
> Also, next time, you may want to read before clicking [Next]. ;)

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 31, 2004 6:59:12 AM

That comment of yours was so dumb, I'm amazed you didn't add [MVP] to your
username.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:35:34 AM

How does the OT tie into bickering and adding [MVP] to one's username?

~S.

"René" <garbagejunkandcrap@hotmail.com> wrote in news:4QRYc.11778$MB5.8579
@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

--