THEN WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM THEN GET AMD IF YOU WANT GAMES

bxmedic

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
3Dmark_05 score: 8090 with 7800GT and 3072mb Ram

3Dmark_05 score: 3072 orig configuration 6800 and 1024mb Ram

This on an Intel system. Why do I post this you ask? Because benchmarks are to computers as IQ is to the brain. It tells what your machine is capable of. It's up to you how you use it and are somewhat meaningless to the real world.
Just my opinion. :lol:

Smell
Dim XPS Gen 4
P4 650 3.4G
3072mb PC2 4200 (533mhz)
eVGA 7800GT 256mb
160G SATA (Windows XP SP2)
SB Audigy2 ZS
CDRWDVD Combo Drive
19" ACER Flat pannel

Samsa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
Hrm...was this actually an add for AMD? If so, the marketer should consider that it is easier to see AMD if you don't type your posts in CAPS. 8)

Finally, I completely agree. AMD is better for gaming and most benchmarks made in games will verify this.

EDIT: That doesn't mean an Intel processor can't run video games well.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I agree. I use both AMD and Intel and there are simply too many factors involved. I play games on both systems and find that the AMD does better in some things while the Intel shines in others. Much like undergarments, it depends on what your going to do with em.
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da, that's all I want to say to you ...

garyangle

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
How does a person decide that they will hit the 'caps lock' then expect any repect? It's like farting in the library, right?

Samsa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
I agree. I use both AMD and Intel and there are simply too many factors involved. I play games on both systems and find that the AMD does better in some things while the Intel shines in others. Much like undergarments, it depends on what your going to do with em. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da, that's all I want to say to you ...

Actually there have been quite a few tests that have determined that AMD does better when managing a single task with the exception of video compression. Whereas, Intel does better with video compression and multitasking. This is why AMD is better for video games.
---

**farts**

That's a more reasonable post than stating that people should buy an HIS X1800 XT in the NVidia section again. :lol: *mutters about ATI fanboys*

;)