Need Urgent help , having problems while assembling

masala

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2005
Hello Guys Urgent help needed.

I am building PC with following config.

1. Intel BOXD945PSNLK Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio /PCI
Express / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA

2. Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0Ghz / 2MB Cache / 800 FSB / Socket 775 / HyperThreading / Processor with Fan

3. ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB PCI Express

4. NEC ND3540A / 16x8x16x DVD+RW / 16x6x16x DVD-RW / 8x DVD+R DL / 6x DVD-R DL / 48x32x48x CD-RW / Black / Dual Layer / OEM DVD Burner with Nero Software

5. Western Digital / Caviar SE / 250GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-150 / Hard Drive

6. Logitech LX700 Cordless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Combo

I have connected motherboard, p4, cpu, fan (supplied along with chip),
hdd, dvd and video card radon x700 and connected to a lcd terminal
and it says input not identified .

Is it a video card probelm or anything serious?

All the fans are working (two case fans cpu fan) and green light is on on
mohterboard. power supply fan is also on.

Do I need to change any bios jummer on the board?

dvd writer is not on
I think disk is on I felt the vibration when touched it.

Thanks in advance.

mpjesse

Splendid
When assembling a computer, you want to do one thing at a time. Try this:

First, make sure you have the 4 pin 12V extra ATX connector connected. It's a 4 pin square connector usually near the CPU. Additionally, make sure the 24pin ATX connection is in nice and tight.

If that's not the problem, disconnect everything from the mobo except for the video card, RAM, and obviously the CPU.

If you still don't get video, clear the BIOS. If it still doesn't work, try removing a DIMM. If that still doesn't work your video card, memory, mobo, or CPU could be bad.

It's tough to say because I'm sure you don't have spare parts. The first thing I would try replacing is the video card.

-mpjesse

shadowspank

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
There is one big part he left out what kinda power supply you have you need to make sure you have the right amount of power going to the system.

You do want to make sure that you plug that cord in but I dont think it matters all that much I ran a p4 system with a power supply that was made before the p4 even came out for 3 years with no black and yellow cord but in this case that might be the problem make sure that the video card does not need power also most of the new cards need power from the slot that they are in and also from the power supply but make sure the card is seated tight and that everything is in all the way.

masala

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2005
following are power suppy and case am using

Power Suppy : FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-A ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230

CASE : COOLER MASTER CAVALIER 3 CAV-T03-UK Black Aluminum/Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Cas

Thanks

Krane

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
do you have a POST beep???
if the video is the problem you should hear the beeps!

another thing it might be a silly one but on the X700 are 2 vga exits!! did you switch between them??

greenmachineiijh

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2005
Start where mpjesse said to. Remember to not have any drives or anything else attached to start the troubleshooting process. Verify everything is connected correctly and everything is seated correctly. Did you verify the standoffs in the chassis? There are no extra installed from the manufacturer or left from your previous setup shorting out the MB? There should be only one for each mounting hole and no more. Also the I/O shield fingers can sometimes get lodget into a connector when the motherboard is installed.

Good luck.

masala

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2005
I removed all the devices connected except video card and powered on, it
gave three beeps. Then I put back only memory again same nothing happens no beeps nothing. I have two 512mb dual channel pc2 4200 ocz memory cards.

Mountings/Standoffs are fine.

shadowspank

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
the beeps are telling you that you had no ram in the computer make sure that your mb is set for dual channel and make sure you have them matched in the slots. there should be 4 slots on the mb 1212 if you have dual channel they will not be right next to eacther like sd ram or single channel ddr. you going to want to put it in slot one and one match them up this should be in the book let for the mb

take a look at this http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-020834.htm

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d945psn/index.htm

I am guessing by looking at this picture its the blue slots you want to put the memeory in.
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/sn/pix/d945psn_lg.jpg

if this is your 1st time with sata make sure you install the drivers or else you will have a hard time they are not like ide they need drivers
they will be provided by the mb cd.

masala

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2005
Hello Guys,

Sorry am away. At last my system is up and running.
The problem is there is a transparant glue on the video card some where at the bottom part. I just wiped it out and stated posting and every thing is done in just under an hour. But my SATA drive showing space only 50 percent. TOtal space 250 gb, it shows 131GB.

Reeper

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Glue... good one. :) Well done on getting the system up & running!

Have you checked that the drive hasn't been pre-partitioned? If so, you may want to just re-format.

shadowspank

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
glue what a pain. I had SBC install a jack for a phone that runs off Covad VOIP and they put silacon in the jack I had to dig it out with a knife why this stuff is put on hardware or wires I dont know just makes things harder.

masala

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2005
After loading sp2 it is showing the hidden space (100+gb).
Initially I load winxp without sp2 and system showing only 130 gb then I loaded sp2. Now it shows the remaining space. I just formated the remaing and mouted.

Now my system is working fine.
Thanks every one who replied/helped me to come out problems and
I learned lot from you guys. Thanks again and have a wonderfull
holidays.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
After loading sp2 it is showing the hidden space (100+gb).
Initially I load winxp without sp2 and system showing only 130 gb then I loaded sp2. Now it shows the remaining space. I just formated the remaing and mouted.

Now my system is working fine.
Thanks every one who replied/helped me to come out problems and
I learned lot from you guys. Thanks again and have a wonderfull
holidays.

I would recommend double checking that your system bios fully supports 48bit addressing (google it), so you don't end up losing data later