unable to delete document from print que

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I have a document that is stuck in a printque.
how can i remove this WITHOUT restarting the printque???
a regualar delete doesn't work.

this is a problem that happens frequently. annybody else experiences it?

Omko Huizenga
3 answers Last reply
More about unable delete document print
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

    On the print server, stop the spooler service in control
    panel, services.
    Once stopped, restart it.
    This will do no harm at all and should clear the
    offending document.

    K R
    MCSA
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

    I am aware of this sollution. But there are 115 printers installed on this
    server. and restarting the spooler is absolutely no option. I work in a
    hospital and people don't like it when they are not able to print. doesn't
    matter how short the disturbance.

    I still hope someone has a sollution

    Greets
    Omko
    MCSE

    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

    > On the print server, stop the spooler service in control
    > panel, services.
    > Once stopped, restart it.
    > This will do no harm at all and should clear the
    > offending document.
    >

    > K R
    > MCSA
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

    Omko:

    It is possible to redirect print jobs from one printer to an identical
    printer type.

    I don't understand why you can't restart the print spooler service,
    regardless of the number of print devices.
    At some time, even during a very busy printing day, there must be a point
    when no documents are in the print queue of the print server. restart the
    spooler service at this point. Takes less than 10 seconds. Let us know how
    things work out for you.

    Thanks,
    John.

    Check the print queue of you print server. If there are many jobs waiting
    to be printed
    "omko h" <omkoh@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I am aware of this sollution. But there are 115 printers installed on this
    > server. and restarting the spooler is absolutely no option. I work in a
    > hospital and people don't like it when they are not able to print. doesn't
    > matter how short the disturbance.
    >
    > I still hope someone has a sollution
    >
    > Greets
    > Omko
    > MCSE
    >

    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    > >
    > > On the print server, stop the spooler service in control
    > > panel, services.
    > > Once stopped, restart it.
    > > This will do no harm at all and should clear the
    > > offending document.
    > >

    > > K R
    > > MCSA

Document Microsoft Windows