unable to delete document from print que

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 7, 2004 6:17:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I have a document that is stuck in a printque.
how can i remove this WITHOUT restarting the printque???
a regualar delete doesn't work.

this is a problem that happens frequently. annybody else experiences it?

Omko Huizenga
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 6:17:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

On the print server, stop the spooler service in control
panel, services.
Once stopped, restart it.
This will do no harm at all and should clear the
offending document.

K R
MCSA
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 4:21:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I am aware of this sollution. But there are 115 printers installed on this
server. and restarting the spooler is absolutely no option. I work in a
hospital and people don't like it when they are not able to print. doesn't
matter how short the disturbance.

I still hope someone has a sollution

Greets
Omko
MCSE

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

> On the print server, stop the spooler service in control
> panel, services.
> Once stopped, restart it.
> This will do no harm at all and should clear the
> offending document.
>

> K R
> MCSA
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 9:27:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Omko:

It is possible to redirect print jobs from one printer to an identical
printer type.

I don't understand why you can't restart the print spooler service,
regardless of the number of print devices.
At some time, even during a very busy printing day, there must be a point
when no documents are in the print queue of the print server. restart the
spooler service at this point. Takes less than 10 seconds. Let us know how
things work out for you.

Thanks,
John.

Check the print queue of you print server. If there are many jobs waiting
to be printed

!