USB wireless not starting soon enough?

I've got a Windows XP SP2 computer that is a member of an AD domain. It is
using a BT Voyager 1050 USB wireless device. I'm currently using WEP.

The computer is not picking up its computer group membership. User login and
user group membership is working fine. I suspect that the wireless
connection is not being established for when XP needs a network connection.

Is this something that can be fixed (e.g. with a registry key) or is it a
problem with the device/driver?

Regards

Philip

Ask the manufacturer how to make the device startup and connect quicker.
-PA

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message
> Ask the manufacturer how to make the device startup and connect quicker.
> -PA

I'm not getting a good feeling for the manufacturer's understanding of the
problem. I'm also seeing other problems, like the desktop PC being unable to
copy the user's profile when they log on, but it is just fine when they use
a cable.

Can anyone recommend a wireless adapter, preferably USB, that they have got
good experience of working with Active Directory and computer startups?

--Philip

"Philip Colmer" <pcolmer@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OYQzNl2sFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> I'm not getting a good feeling for the manufacturer's understanding of the problem.

Make sure you talk to the *real* manufacturer, not to resellers or OEMs.
Their knowledge of the product is obviously limited :)

>I'm also seeing other problems, like the desktop PC being unable to copy the user's profile when they log on, but it is just
>fine when they use a cable.
Yes this is because of the same root problem.

--PA

> "Philip Colmer" <pcolmer@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> I'm not getting a good feeling for the manufacturer's understanding of
>> the problem.
>
> Make sure you talk to the *real* manufacturer, not to resellers or OEMs.
> Their knowledge of the product is obviously limited :)

I am :-(.

They have latched onto the wrong part of my query, thinking that I'm saying
that the network drivers are interfering with the proper functioning of AD.

I'll have another go at wording the question. I think I might be better off
finding another wireless adapter though, if anyone knows of one that works
well with AD.

--Philip