network printer - sleeping?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I have an HP 2100TN with a JetDirect 600N card that seems
to go to
sleep if the users do not print to it for a while. When
they
eventually print a job to it won't print and all I have
to do is ping
the IP address of the printer and it starts printing. It
just started
doing this when I moved it to an office in a building we
just
connnected to our network by way of two 3com wireless lan
building-to-building bridges. The question is, is this a
setting in
the printer such as a pwer saving mode that can be turned
off(and how
could that be done) or is there something about going
across the
wireless connection that makes the printer lose contact
with the
server?(all our network printers are configured and
shared from a
server at our main plant)

Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

1) Install the latest firmware update for the printer.
2) Check the User Manual for instructions on how to turn
off Power Save functions (if the above is not successful)