Help needed with the SPOOLSS.dll

sarah

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Every time i stop and start the spool service, I get this
message:
"The procedure entry point GetJobA could not be located in
the dynamic link library SPOOLSS.dll" It's a NT 4.0 server
SP 6a.

I've tried to copy the files SPOOLSS.dll from one of our
other servers, but the same problem occures!?!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Reapply Service Pack 6a.
If the problem persists, make sure the Service or Drive
attempting to access the Spooler Sub Service is compatible
with Windows NT 4.0.

I have seen this error being caused by some print monirtors.

Check out this key, and try removing non-default print monitors:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors

I would start with "HP Master Monitor" if that is present on the system.

Remove print monitors (one-by-one if you like), restart the spooler service
and see how it goes.

You may want to export the key before any changes, just in case something
goes wrong...

Cheers,
Dimce