Print to file - format

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Hi

After printing to file what is the resulting file's format? Is there an easy
way of

converting it to some other type, with which I could work using an OCR
program?

I have to reformat and analyze data from printouts from a computer at work.

The problem is that I cannot install any additional software there and
currently

have to print the data out and then scan it for my OCR program. I would be

grateful for a way to eliminate scanning from the process.

Thanks,

Mich
--------
Everybody seems to talk about the weather,
but nobody does anything about it.
M. Twain

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Hi,

> After printing to file what is the resulting file's format?

It's the same stream that would be sent to the printer. It depends by the
printer driver.

> Is there an easy way of converting it to some other type,
> with which I could work using an OCR program?

Maybe simply printing to file using a "Generic/Text Only" printer could
solve your problem in a single stage.

Regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I it possible to save the document as a text file instead of printing to the
file and open it using OCR program????

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---