So how is the Scout a bush plane?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 13, 2005 10:33:05 PM

I mean, its payload is a pilot and a passenger and 50 pounds of cargo.

Waddaya gonna do with it?

Dallas

More about : scout bush plane

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 3:32:03 AM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, HrastProgrammer wrote:

> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
> > I mean, its payload is a pilot and a passenger and 50 pounds of cargo.
> >
> > Waddaya gonna do with it?
>
> According to the specifications, it's payload with full fuel is 540 lbs
> which is more than enough (in my opinion) to carry two people and all their
> cargo anywhere where they want ...
>
> Of course, it is not in the same league with Beaver and Otter but, as a
> light bush plane, it seems perfect to me.

Plus, it can fit into places you'd never, ever consider taking a Beaver or
Otter, or even a Cessna 180... for a lot less cost than any of the
larger aircraft.

That's why Super Cubs, Scouts & similar a/c work as bush planes!

Brian
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:08:36 PM

> I mean, its payload is a pilot and a passenger and 50 pounds of cargo.
>
> Waddaya gonna do with it?

According to the specifications, it's payload with full fuel is 540 lbs
which is more than enough (in my opinion) to carry two people and all their
cargo anywhere where they want ...

Of course, it is not in the same league with Beaver and Otter but, as a
light bush plane, it seems perfect to me.
March 14, 2005 2:53:29 PM

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:33:05 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

>I mean, its payload is a pilot and a passenger and 50 pounds of cargo.
>
>Waddaya gonna do with it?
>

>Dallas

If you are talking about the Real Air Simulation Scout, you are going
to fly one of the best flying models in MSFS, in fact, maybe the best
light aircraft available, that can get in and out of just about
anywhere. I was practicing spin entry and recoveries with mine
yesterday... Try that with another FS aircraft.

Bob
March 15, 2005 12:04:14 AM

"Brian Burger"
> That's why Super Cubs, Scouts & similar a/c work as bush planes!

I guess I think of Bush Pilot as a profession and it would be hard to make a
living hauling around one passenger and his rifle.

My mistake is that not all "Bush" aircraft are for commercial use.... :-)

But you have to admit, it would be pretty hard to haul around even one
night's camping gear in a Scout.

Dallas
March 15, 2005 12:04:15 AM

Dallas wrote:
> But you have to admit, it would be pretty hard to haul around even one
> night's camping gear in a Scout.

Especially by some peoples definition of "camping". I love it when someone
says they spend the weekend "camping" in their RV, w/generator, a/c, TV,
stereo, microwave, range & oven, potty with shower, ad nauseam...... d:->))

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don
March 15, 2005 2:58:47 AM

"CRaSH"
> stereo, microwave, range & oven, potty with shower, ad nauseam......
d:->))

Amen! You ain't campin' unless you take your toilet paper out in the woods
with you for your morning constitutional.

(And next someone will say "toilet paper is for wusses".)

Dalli
March 15, 2005 3:03:57 AM

Dallas wrote:

> "CRaSH"
>
>>stereo, microwave, range & oven, potty with shower, ad nauseam......
>
> d:->))
>
> Amen! You ain't campin' unless you take your toilet paper out in the woods
> with you for your morning constitutional.
>
> (And next someone will say "toilet paper is for wusses".)
>
> Dalli

Only in Germany, going to the field in the States means Porta-Potties.
But in Germany you would dig a hole, do your business, pull a page out
of the Trade-a-Plane and use the snow to clean your a$$.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 15, 2005 3:03:58 AM

boB wrote:
> Only in Germany, going to the field in the States means Porta-Potties.
> But in Germany you would dig a hole, do your business, pull a page out
> of the Trade-a-Plane and use the snow to clean your a$$.

I was going to tell Dalli/Varmit that he forgot the shovel part, but you
filled in.
hehe [pun] What's worse than grabbing a handful of poison ivy in the dark
to wipe with?
And what's REALLY weird is some damn animal will come along and dig it up to
see what the hell you buried!!
Makes me really question their supposed "natural" intelligence!
March 15, 2005 3:31:58 AM

"CRaSH"
> dig it up to
> see what the hell you buried!!

Bury it? You're supposed to bury it? Sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

Just leave it there for the next campers. :-)

Dalli
March 15, 2005 3:31:59 AM

Dallas wrote:

> Just leave it there for the next campers. :-)

Yeah, in Texas maybe, but we got couth here in Arkansas..... Or
something....
March 15, 2005 5:05:12 AM

CRaSH wrote:

> Dallas wrote:
>
>>Just leave it there for the next campers. :-)
>>

> Yeah, in Texas maybe, but we got couth here in Arkansas..... Or
> something....

<BIG GRIN>

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 15, 2005 12:55:38 PM

All you need to camp is a loincloth, a knife clenched between your teeth, a steely eyed grin and a satellite Internet
connection to get real world weather for FS9 :)
--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message news:RtoZd.37181$Im.30959@okepread01...
> Dallas wrote:
>> But you have to admit, it would be pretty hard to haul around even one
>> night's camping gear in a Scout.
>>

> Especially by some peoples definition of "camping". I love it when someone says they spend the weekend "camping" in
> their RV, w/generator, a/c, TV, stereo, microwave, range & oven, potty with shower, ad nauseam...... d:->))
>
> Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
> Don

March 15, 2005 12:55:39 PM

Carl Frisk wrote:
> All you need to camp is a loincloth, a knife clenched between your
> teeth, a steely eyed grin and a satellite Internet connection to get
> real world weather for FS9 :)

True, some things are a "must have" or I ain't going..... I suppose you
could get by with a manual entry or interface from your trusty cell phone,
that is also a web browser, e-mail, video cam, gps, game boy, rolidex, MP3
player, and next year will be capable of stand alone playing FS-10 with a
little bitty pop-up joystick and a thumb wheel volume control (stereo if
used with wireless headset) that can also be used as throttle.....
March 15, 2005 10:30:32 PM

"Carl Frisk"
> All you need to camp is a loincloth, a knife clenched between your teeth,
a steely eyed grin and a satellite Internet
> connection to get real world weather for FS9 :)

And toilet paper... using leaves scratches my butt. :-)

Dalli
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 7:20:58 AM

I advise one not to go camping in such primitive and rough style without first taking my FS9 Trusty Mt. St. Helens
Survival Course, of course. I'm trying to get Lawn Dart to teach the summer semester as soon as she finishes building
her asbestos kayak :)

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message news:KYBZd.37700$Im.22088@okepread01...
> Carl Frisk wrote:
>> All you need to camp is a loincloth, a knife clenched between your
>> teeth, a steely eyed grin and a satellite Internet connection to get
>> real world weather for FS9 :)
>
> True, some things are a "must have" or I ain't going..... I suppose you could get by with a manual entry or interface
> from your trusty cell phone, that is also a web browser, e-mail, video cam, gps, game boy, rolidex, MP3 player, and
> next year will be capable of stand alone playing FS-10 with a little bitty pop-up joystick and a thumb wheel volume
> control (stereo if used with wireless headset) that can also be used as throttle.....

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 7:22:21 AM

Just use a few C notes...

--